PDA

View Full Version : PCPPS V3 Power Supply?

birchy
03-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm working on my first build and am a little confused by the PCPPS V3 board. The schematics I have from Zapp Automation only show the connections to the PM542's and the 50V PSU. On the PCPPS board, it states the supply should be 7 - 30V...so does that mean I will need a second power supply just for the PCPPS??

JAZZCNC
03-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Yep buy a 24V and use it to power relays etc that you'll need to safely control other things like vacuums or spindles, coffee machine etc
Also use it to run thru E-stop and limit switchs for a very safe control system with better immunity from noise.!

Don't need high amps 3-5 will be plenty and cheap enough on ebay.

birchy
04-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Thanks for clarifying that. I have a 2A 24V PSU which I was going to use for the main control, safety circuits and cooling fans. Will have to re-calculate my total consumption and see if the 2A will be enough. I guess the other option is to use one of the spare 12V from the PC power supply?

birchy
09-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Does anybody know what the current consumption of the PCPPS board is? The documentation states 7 - 30V DC but no mention of current or power consumption? I'm guessing it'll be low. A few hundred milliamps perhaps? Can anyone confirm please?

JAZZCNC
10-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Email Roy at DIYCNC.co.uk he will know but seen has it's such a basic board it will be very low so nothing to worry about really.