PDA

View Full Version : Poorly siemens inverter, wont switch on.

jonisonvespa
04-12-2012, 12:37 PM
hi,

just wondering if there are any siemens inverter experts out there?

got this inverter 2.2kw sinamics G110 single phase in, 3 phase out that wont turn on, just wondering if there are setup procedures i need to do to power it on?

the person i got it off assures me its not faulty, got everything setup as it should be as per instruction but nothing.
its doing something, can hear a relay click every now and again

thank you

audioandy
04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi

If the unit is secondhand I would disconnect the motor from the output terminals,the relay you can hear might be an overload circuit which may prevent the unit from powering up.

Do you have a test meter?

If yes, just check you do have 230v on the input after you have disconnected the motor.

One thing not to do is to connect or disconnect the motor with the power on to the inverter.

Andy

jonisonvespa
04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
yes ive done all of the above, powered it up without the motor connected every combination tried.

im sure the relay im hearing is going into power saving mode maby, seems to come at the same interval, the unit is definatly powering on as it warms up slightly after a while.

Web Goblin
04-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Did its previous owner have any external controls wired to it or did he use it purely via the control pad?
Just wondering if its missing a external enable signal or other wiring.

audioandy
04-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Without seeing it,its hard to diagnose the problem, it could just be a faulty screen unit, sorry I cannot be of any more help than that.

I have had a quick look at the manual I cannot see where you need to do anything special to power it up.

Andy

jonisonvespa
04-12-2012, 06:32 PM
ive taken the cover off and had a good look at all the boards i cant see any magic smoke damage

im really starting to think the bop is not comparable with the inverter its dated 2005 and really it doesnt really fit into the inverter very well, i had to take out the pcb of the bop and fit it into the inverter.

going to try to find another bop and see what happens

camhguh
04-12-2012, 09:38 PM
It might need enabling from a e-stop circuit before it powers up properly. Is there a circuit diagram inside the unit? Some inputs may need linking together.

ive taken the cover off and had a good look at all the boards i cant see any magic smoke damage

im really starting to think the bop is not comparable with the inverter its dated 2005 and really it doesnt really fit into the inverter very well, i had to take out the pcb of the bop and fit it into the inverter.

going to try to find another bop and see what happens

jonisonvespa
06-12-2012, 04:45 PM
got another unit today which works fine, so im assuming the unit is faulty, had a good poke around the unit couldnt really test anything else apart from power supply

thanks for replys