PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New Addicted Member

A11an
05-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi all,

Thank god I came across this forum, I'm fascinated with CNC machining Wood and maybe Aluminium, can't stop researching, I keep coming across more and more designs every day.

I Have rushed and purchased a kit of rails and ballscrews, just hope I haven't made a mistake!

Looks like I'll be getting lots of info from you all on here as you all seem to be friendly and helpful.

Many thanks

Allan

mocha
05-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi Allan, welcome to the madness! :-)

wilfy
05-12-2012, 07:52 PM
the only mistake you have made really is that your machine is now limited to that size screws/rails, where as the norm is to design how much working space you need and then work out the screw and rail lengths from that.

also you have bought from what looks like the seller linearmotionbearings (either that or they all use the same picture) and had you been on the forum a little longer you would have eventually found out that he is a regular supplier to a lot of folk here and is more than happy to quote you prices outside of ebay and send you a paypal invoice which reduces his fees and the price to you (best special price to you) so you could have got them cheaper.

you'll get a lot of help here and they are a good bunch of guys... welcome :D

A11an
05-12-2012, 09:59 PM
The rails I bought were the size to match the size of machine I could fit in my garage, don't know what motors, drivers etc, etc I'll need

this is what I purchased from, yes you are right - linearmotionbearings

linear rails SBR16-300/600/700mm rails(6 supported rails+12 SBR16UU bearing blocks)
3pcs of ballscrews RM1605-350/650/750mm-C7(3screws+3ballnuts+3end-machinings)
3 SETS OF BK/BF12(with locknuts and cir-cplis)
3pcs Nut housings/brackets for the 1605 ballnuts
3pcs of flexible couplings 6.35mm*8mm

thanks for the reply

Allan