PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New member introduction

Martin Connelly
13-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi just joined after looking at my work colleague's pictures (Andrew Wilding) of his conversion of a small mill to CNC. I have just converted my Rong Fu round column to CNC having used it manually for about 10 years. I need to finish off fitting limit switches and tidying up wiring etc. I also have a manual Smart and Brown model M lathe which I have no plans to convert to CNC at the moment. Machining is a hobby for me, not work. Recent items I have made are replacement nylon pulley/rollers for a monowheel made on my lathe using form tooling produced with the CNC mill. The monowheel is an ongoing project of other work colleagues and holds the current British monowheel speed record set at the Straightliners meeting this year (its about 25mph).

Martin

GEOFFREY
16-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi Martin, wellcome to the site.

Glad to find another yellowbelly, (although I originate from essex). Speed record holders eh!! Well done. Geoff.

Martin Connelly
17-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi Martin, wellcome to the site.

Glad to find another yellowbelly, (although I originate from essex). Speed record holders eh!! Well done. Geoff.

I'm not a real yellowbelly either, I just live in Lincs now. Liverpool born and bred.