PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Free to good home: TC shanks from broken cutters

cropwell
17-12-2012, 04:33 PM
I have about 20 TC shanks from broken cutters, all 1/8" (maybe some 3mm) about 25 - 30mm long. If anyone can grind them into engraving cutters they are welcome to them.
The supply of these is slowing as I am getting better at not breaking them !!!!

PM or email me ([email protected]) and I will let you know where to send the Stamped addressed small jiffy bag. They weigh 72g.

Cheers,

Rob Townshend

HankMcSpank
17-12-2012, 07:42 PM
I have about 20 TC shanks from broken cutters, all 1/8" (maybe some 3mm) about 25 - 30mm long. If anyone can grind them into engraving cutters they are welcome to them.
The supply of these is slowing as I am getting better at not breaking them !!!!

Rob Townshend

I'm equally adept at breaking these...as Jack Nicholson once said "Go sell broken cutters somewhere else...we're all stocked up here!" :chuncky: (ok so I changed it a little).

FWIW I use broken cutters as 3.175mm dowel pins ...the tops are normally chamfered which mean they fit into holes well :-) ...ideal for say, double sided pcbs when you flip the board over for the 2nd cutting run.

Jonathan
17-12-2012, 08:21 PM
I've not got a tool grinder, but intend to get one at some point. I would like them, but if someone else wan't them they can have them as I already have quite a few broken cutters! If you're anywhere near the university of Nottingham then could I come and collect them some time after Christmas?

cropwell
18-12-2012, 10:14 AM
When they've gone they've gone - and they've gone !