PDA

View Full Version : Season's Greetings, A Thank You & Good Luck !

Lee Roberts
23-12-2012, 04:48 PM
On behalf of me and the staff, I would like to thank you all for your support over these past 12 months and your continued effort to contribute, help others and in making the forum the successful place it really is. We look forward to the New Year and what it will bring, we hope you do to!

I would like to especially send out love and thoughts to Irving2008, as some of you know he has been through a near fatal accident (http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/general-discussion/5327-new-life-irving-reborn-after-near-fatal-accident.html) recently and while this could never be convenient for anyone it certainly would have been more convenient a little further away from this time of year.
Please if you will, raise a glass with us this year to Irving and wish him the fastest and best recovery he can make xx :beer:

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year! :beer:

Warm Regards,
The Staff @mycncuk

GEOFFREY
23-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Cheers Lee, greetings to you and your staff and of course special thoughts for Irving.

I have only been a member for a few weeks, but have enjoyed reading about the projects and help given by the members.

Regards, G.

alex wight
23-12-2012, 06:33 PM
My sentiments exactly, merry Christmas and a drunken new year to all when it comes.

alex

blackburn mark
24-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Merry Christmas you old bar-stewards :)…. What happened to the end of the world?... sod it, I guess we will just have to crack on.

Here’s hopping that you all make a million in 2013 or finish building that cold fusion reactor or whatever the hell it is that you have been plotting
Love Love Love xxxxxxxx

D.C.
24-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Raises cup of tea to Irving, hopefully I'll start and finish this bloomin cnc machine next year Mark!

martin54
24-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Yep as has been said already, thanks to those who have helped me during 2012 & may you continue to help me in 2013 lol

Best wishes for Christmas & a healthy & prosperous 2013 to all.

Lee Roberts
24-12-2012, 06:35 PM
thanks to those who have helped me during 2012 & may you continue to help me in 2013 lol.

lmao......

JAZZCNC
24-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Merry Xmas every body and Happy CNC'ing.

Tiz the Season to get jolly so try to be good and stay sober.!!. . . No promises here thou. :encouragement:

Chas
24-12-2012, 08:06 PM
BAH Humbug !

Nowt' but an excuse to over eat & drink that stuff that makes me as wobbly as an MFI wardrobe.

Have a guddun :encouragement:

P.S. I promise great rewards for any aspiring engineer who can invent a usable set of nut crackers that don't stress fracture within the Xmas period.

Lee Roberts
24-12-2012, 09:22 PM
P.S. I promise great rewards for any aspiring engineer who can invent a usable set of nut crackers that don't stress fracture within the Xmas period.

Oooo now there's a challenge!, ill start the ball rolling...

Should be a desktop unit, you walk up, place your nut, press the button, nut exposed.

Who's Next:

JAZZCNC
24-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Who's Next:

ME: . . . . It's called a Hammer.!! . . It doubles for toffee as well .. KISS

wilfy
24-12-2012, 09:47 PM
merry christmas to you all thanks so far for all the help and hopefully i'll be able to return the favors in one way or another in the future.

and i'll raise a special glass of loopy juice to irving.. keep fighting dude!

Ross77
24-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Merry Christmas everyone, After a long lull here's to hoping I can building something CNC related during 2013:friendly_wink:

And of course all the best to Irving :beer::beer:

Fivetide
25-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Merry Christmas you all .. hope next year is a good one for you all as well :)

GEOFFREY
25-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Happy christmas everyone. Keep your ballscrews tight and where they belong. G

Iwant1
25-12-2012, 01:44 PM
A very Merry Christmas to my new family, yep! you lot are that close to me. I joined this site this year and already its my favourite. Its the first one I visit when I switch on my laptop. Looking forward to all the changes Lee has proposed, and hoping to get chipping in 2013.

Also prays go out to Irving and hope 2013 gets him up and running again.

Today's the day you have an excuse to eat loads and drink loads.

So Cheers Adil

Washout
25-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone and especially the guys who run this forum, those who have helped me with my machine and especially Irving.

I also hope everyone has a good New Year creating things on their CNC machines...may your gantries never flex and your tools never chatter.

Off to cook the dinner now in an imitation of the late Keith Floyd...

Cheers

Chris

WandrinAndy
25-12-2012, 03:48 PM
...may your gantries never flex and your tools never chatter.

Aaaaaw, that's such a nice thought!

Seasons Greetings everyone.... And take it easy on the sprouts ;-)

Cheers,
Andy

D.C.
25-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Oooo now there's a challenge!, ill start the ball rolling...

Should be a desktop unit, you walk up, place your nut, press the button, nut exposed.

Who's Next:

It will need:

1- Carbon fibre
2- A truss
3- Lashings of epoxy

Sounds like a good mycncuk challenge for xmas 2013 project threads, who can build the best nutcracker?

Merry christmas one and all, why aren't you all too drunk to type yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1-axKPmSM

Washout
25-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Surely a decent wall and miniature trebuchet milled from aluminium would do the trick? ;-)

Robin Hewitt
25-12-2012, 11:29 PM
I spent all Christmas day making helical splines. After about 6 attempts I finally got one that was only slightly stiff to start with and bedded smooth in short order. This is printed in ABS with a 0.15mm (0.006") layer thickness.

I am having so much fun making things I would never have thought possible I am wondering if this 3D printer might actually be better than sex.

OTOH my memory of sex has faded over the years so I could be wrong :frog:

Chas
26-12-2012, 12:53 AM
I am having so much fun making things I would never have thought possible I am wondering if this 3D printer might actually be better than sex.

OTOH my memory of sex has faded over the years so I could be wrong :frog:

Although I doubt you'll ever see one on Thingiverse, I'm fairly sure that a good few BBC's have been created !

I've decided to get a RepRap kit. If I ever manage to get it working then I'll upgrade to a Form1 if/when they hit the market. I have nephew I can offload the RepRap onto, he's only 8 but already beats me on the Teknologie side of life.

Could I make a long lasting nut cracker on one I wonder?

Robin Hewitt
26-12-2012, 10:48 PM
I've decided to get a RepRap kit. If I ever manage to get it working then I'll upgrade to a Form1 if/when they hit the market.

It is popular so the support should be good. Seeing as how you are on this here site I reckon you wouldn't find it hard to improve on the design :whistle:

Does it have a heated bed? I'm thinking of lagging the bottom of my bed to stop it dumping too much precious heat before it can get to the edges.