PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Keith - Southend-on-sea

Keith Rumsey
26-01-2009, 04:13 PM
hi to every one im Keith ,I have purchased all motors and drivers ect built machine flying gantry ,purchased cut 2d and raster vect ,I also have the free download of mach ,BUT with the pound being so low with the dollar !!can anyone tell me if there is a better and cheaper post processor to run my machine ,I also have a9cad for drawing its free is there a better free one out there that is better than a9cad

Lee Roberts
26-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi Keith Rumsey, welcome to MYCNCUK. Please take the time to view the FAQ section for answers to questions you may have, if your building a new machine be sure to start a new build log detailing your progress !

Smiler
26-01-2009, 07:59 PM
hi to every one im Keith ,I have purchased all motors and drivers ect built machine flying gantry ,purchased cut 2d and raster vect ,I also have the free download of mach ,BUT with the pound being so low with the dollar !!can anyone tell me if there is a better and cheaper post processor to run my machine ,I also have a9cad for drawing its free is there a better free one out there that is better than a9cad

So is this a router you've built?

When you say post processor, do you mean Mach? If so, I think there is only EMC2 which runs in Linux which is FREE.

Mach and EMC2 are machine controllers, the more intelligent forum members (i.e. everyone except the spammer)will correct me if I am wrong but the post processor is part of your CAM software (cut 2d etc).

For free cad have a look at SolidEdge2d (http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/velocity/solidedge/free2d/index.shtml) don't use it myself as I'm a Solidworks person but SolidEdge anything for free can't be a bad thing :)

And lastly welcome to the forum :D

Jeff

Lee Roberts
27-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Keith, i'v removed your email address from your post, as it will get spammed. The members here know how to contact you via email if they need to :).

Good luck with the machine mate !

Keith Rumsey
28-01-2009, 04:53 PM
thank's Jeff yes iv built my flying gantry out of alloy ,I also have a Bridgeport mill that I wont to downsize to a smaller mill and put the motors and drivers on getting a bet to old for the beg stuff ,mach is ok but its twice the price at present and I only get a pension so ill just have to wait until the price drops ,but I will try EMC2 thanks yours Keith

irving2008
28-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Keith,

Welcome.

Go have a look at the CNC4Free (http://www.cnc4free.org)website, a wealth of info on there

Keith Rumsey
29-01-2009, 01:10 PM
to Irving thanks for that looks very interesting CNC4FREE

Keith Rumsey
29-01-2009, 01:16 PM
to Irving sorry but this is the seconed reply I think the first one was in the wrong place
anyway thank's for that the cnc4free look's very interesting Keith