PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello to you all

ZeroCount
27-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone, quick intro to me...

I've been looking at building a cnc router, mainly as a toy, although I have a few possible commercial ideas for low volume production. Mainly though I'm interested in doing this as a something to learn from and play with.

I've been lurking for a bit over on cnczone, and I was pleased to discover mycncuk.com, getting a bit fed up of US-centric info :( nice to find UK suppliers, and people who understand that UK metric equivalents to US imperial are NOT the same :rolleyes:

I will be diving into the forums with my ideas and plans, feel free to shred them and tear them to pieces :D

Darren

Lee Roberts
27-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi ZeroCount, welcome to MYCNCUK. Please take the time to view the FAQ section for answers to questions you may have, if your building a new machine be sure to start a new build log detailing your progress !

Smiler
27-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Hello everyone, quick intro to me...

I've been looking at building a cnc router, mainly as a toy, although I have a few possible commercial ideas for low volume production. Mainly though I'm interested in doing this as a something to learn from and play with.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Been there done that. I got hooked after seeing a guy on Youtube build a micro mill out of plexiglass and steam pipe. Somewhere in the next two weeks it mutated from a 100mm x 100mm micromill to a Solsylva MDF and ply/rollerskate bearings 4ftx2ft machine. Thence to a Steel and PVC (which will shortly mutate into Aluminium), all ballscrew , R&P Precision rail monster which has taken over my workshop and now necessitates the conversion of our stable block to house it. Toys is too small a word. Home wrecking, marriage stretching,wallet draining devil is closer but also the best fun to be had fully clothed (IMO).:D

feel free to shred them and tear them to pieces :D

Ah, you'll be requiring Irving and Kip's services then ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Regards, Jeff (who has promised solemnly on the MUFC Champions League final program that he will not buy anything remotely CNC related for at least two more months)