PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: 3D Model

petesos
31-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi All
And a happy new year to you all . I have a question for a brainy fellow.
Does anyone know if there is anyone on this site that could point me in the right direction as to how i can convert a picture into a 3D relief model for cutting in wood . The softwear i am using is Cut3d/Vcarvepro/PhotoVcarve/Corel/paint/draw/ inkscape/ and Vector art 3d pro.
A friend of the wifes wants me to have a go at doing a picture of her dog on the cnc and i aint got a clue as were to start with it and i was hoping a brainy bloke on here would light the way for me or even do the picture for me.
And if its successful it would turn into a regular thing i would need doing.
So Here is Hoping
Petesos

martin54
31-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Pete, I would also ask this question on the vetric forum, only used it a couple of times myself but got the answers I was looking for quickly & not made to feel like a novice. There is some good reading on there if your using vetric software, well worth a try.

petesos
31-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Well done again Bud
I didnt think of that.
I owe you one
Have a really Great new year bud
Pete

Ricardoco
01-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Pete, I would also ask this question on the vetric forum, only used it a couple of times myself but got the answers I was looking for quickly & not made to feel like a novice. There is some good reading on there if your using vetric software, well worth a try. Blimey Martin, Didnt take you long to get the feel for the forum...LOL and by the way Happy New Year!!!