PDA

View Full Version : ab engineering watford herefordshire england??

dazza
11-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Hello
Ive been trying to get some info on the above company,regarding an old bit of benchtop machinery i have
The name plate reads A.B engineering company watford england.
The item in question im told is pre 1960,s theres one or two parts i may need for it.
I cant find any reference to the company on the net and was hoping one of the older lads on here may know of the place.maybe its local to you and could tell me if its still in buisness thanks.
doh hertfordshire thanks G

GEOFFREY
11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi, I am afraid I do not know the answer, but I would guess that Watford was stil in Hertfordshire back then!! I think it might be worth trying Tony at lathes.co. He does not list anything, but he is a mine of info about old equipment. G.

martin54
11-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Can't help with the company sorry but if people knew what you were looking for then there is a chance that the same parts are fitted to other machinery by different manufacturers, then of course there is possibly the chance of reverse engineering them.

dazza
11-01-2013, 06:43 PM
im told its pre 60,s??,, and originally would have had some hydraulic clamp/vice fitted,that is something id like to get a look or an image of it back in the day,for a desktop its fairly heavy duty.
it would be great to get a manual to this and some history on it.
also can anyone tell me the appropriate name for the locking clamp in the image,ive typed in everything from toggle clamp to locking clamp and cant find another

GEOFFREY
11-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I would just call that an over centre locking clamp!!!G.