PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: hello

sensph
13-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Hello,

I am (slowly) converting an RF45 to CNC as time /money allows. And just to make it more interesting I am building the controller with a dsPIC and writing the software. I may go out and buy controllers one day but for now I feel like the work. (madness ?) Currently trying to get an encoder to work. and looking for a decent 1000W psu and a motor to boot for converting my spindle to DC motor and potentially computer controlled.

I am in the UK but there is about 80miles of water between the south end of the UK and Jersey in the channel Islands which makes all the parts interesting to aquire. But there's not VAT due on goods shipped here (hurray!). I am the only one on the islands doing this (as far as I know) so makes local help and advice rare.

Great to see a UK site for CNC'ers I really hope it takes off.

I'd like to see a list of suppliers for all the bits we use with a focus on UK suppliers. I've lost count of the amount of times I wished I lived in the USA ( purely for part availability ;) )

I'm sure there must be some UK suppliers of motors etc, at reasonable prices out there. I have tried a few who dont do email or web sales or shipping the odd motor to a devout hobbyist. So I'm not too impressed with the UK availability of parts. I'd like to be corrected if any one knows any place that fits.

Until then its china, USA and ebay!

Ok best get back to the first job that pays for the second job(CNC).

Rgds,

Simon

Lee Roberts
13-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Welome to the forums Simon, post up your build logs so we can all see what your up to.

Lee Roberts
13-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums Simon, i will be adding a full list of suppliers and so on to the site over the coming weeks. Good luck with your builds/conversions.