PDA

View Full Version : Teco inverter

Ronaldo9
19-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi guys , new here and would really appreciate any help with a teco inverter. The inverter is controlling a 3 phase motor on a creaming machine. The issue I'm having is that I can't get the Plc that's controlling the inverter to control the inverters frequency. The controller will turn the inverter on through S1 and 24v connections on the terminals but only if I set the frequency of the inverter manually. I've set the "Frequency command source" to all available settings but nothing would work. On page 3-15 it shows the wiring diagram, I've wired the terminals "12v" and "com" on the "frequency control device" which corresponds the old inverter (Yaskawa V 1000 CIMR-VCBA0018BAA) page 45 connected to "A1" and "AC" but I'm not sure what to do now.

Teco inverter
http://www.tecowestinghouse.com/Manuals/CV7300%20Instruction%20Manual%2011-05.pdf

Yaskawa inverter

http://www.kesintisizservis.com/pdf/YASKAWA/YASKAWA%20AC%20Drive-V1000.pdf

Web Goblin
19-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Presuming that you wiring is correct the terminals for external speed control are com 10v and AIN. Speed control would normally be via a potentiometer. The winding of the pot would be across COM and 10v and the wiper would input to AIN. You also need to set SW2 to either 0-10v which would be normal for a pot or to 0-20mA setting. Look like parameter 1-06 should be set to 0002 for external speed control setting.

Ronaldo9
19-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks Goblin, would the signal from the PC be considered analog if so the 1-06 should be set to 2 like you suggested., excuse my ignorance but I don't have much experience , the older control just had two cables for the frequency control , ie com and 10v what is a wiper? I should have insisted on an exact replacement as I have analog outputs for the rpm readout but that isn't as important . Thanks

Robin Hewitt
19-01-2013, 04:01 PM
IIRC the Teco works on 10 Volts. The frequency input control wants 0-10 Volts to set the speed. The frequency output has 0-10 Volts depending on the speed.

Usually you get the input by wiring a potentiometer across 0-10 Volts from the inverter so depending where you turn the knob the centre pin (the wiper) has 0-10 Volts on it.

Assuming you haven't got the serial control version it has a pot on the front cover to set the frequency and you have to tell it to use the remote control. You can tell it to do most anything you want but until you get the hang of it's menu system it is a bit brain numbing.

You don't have to use a potentiometer for the frequency control, you just have to make sure your signal has a 0-10 Volt swing off the inverter ground.

Ronaldo9
19-01-2013, 04:24 PM
I wish there was a pot on it , it would make my life easier, thanks for the replies, so I need to make sure I have the inverter set up to accept the frequency input. The menu system is extensive and I'm sure for more complicated applications its a gift , I'll have another go at it and let you guys know thanks

Web Goblin
19-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Can you tell us the output from the plc which was used to control the speed on the old inverter? It might be you have a 10v output from the plc but no reference to ground on the vfd so as Robin says the vfd will not see it.

Ronaldo9
19-01-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure to be honest goblin, but I know what to look for now and I'll get back to you guys when I get a chance to check it again.

Ronaldo9
20-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Ok so I set the frequency source to 0002 and no joy, I checked the voltage between 10v and com and was getting around 13vdc it was fluctuating then when I was adjusting the frequency on the plc but it wasn't having any effect on the frequency on the inverter, I then wired in a pot between 10v and com and changed the frequency source but that wouldn't work either the inverter just flashes with the current frequency.

Web Goblin
20-01-2013, 12:17 PM
If you look at the teco inverter pdf on page 3-15 did you wire the pot in just like it says at the frequency setting device? It would be something like pin 1 from the pot to COM, pin 3 from the pot to 10V and pin 2 to AIN. Have you set SW2 to V position? You might have to set SW3 to V as well.

Web Goblin
20-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Just having a quick llok through the pdf and you might need to set 5-06 to 23 to tell the input to be configured as an Analogue input for the pot.