PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello from a newbie in Coventry

GTJim
13-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I have just discovered this forum and thought it would be a good idea to say hello.
I am just about to embark on my first CNC design and I will apologise in advance for any stupid questions I may ask.
Its good to have the opportunity to discuss this topic with colleagues from the UK.
:beer:
Jim

Lee Roberts
13-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi GTJim, welcome to MYCNCUK. Please take the time to view the FAQ section for answers to questions you may have, if your building a new machine be sure to start a new build log detailing your progress !

irving2008
13-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I have just discovered this forum and thought it would be a good idea to say hello.
I am just about to embark on my first CNC design and I will apologise in advance for any stupid questions I may ask.
Its good to have the opportunity to discuss this topic with colleagues from the UK.
:beer:
JimJim, no such thing as a stupid question... better to ask than not to...

Is that your Clubman GT? Standard or uprated spec? I used to have one in the same colour, race prepared with a 1540cc engine, high-lift cam, twin Webers and a modifed CooperS gearbox... from outside was bog-standard, a true wolf in sheeps clothing!

GTJim
13-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi Irving2008, yes thats my GT and it has had a few mods. Its now a lightened and balanced 1380. My intention was to go a lot further with it, but haven't got round to it yet as I have so many things I want to do, but so little time and funds.

graffian
14-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Anyone use the Weslake A series alli heads?

GTJim
14-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi Graffian, I don't know of anyone who has used one of those heads, do they make a big improvement on the gas flow of the engine?

graffian
14-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't know anything about the heads, except Weslake were good. The heads are cast by a foundry in sussex. I went in to collect some castings and the office was full of core boxes and patterns and there were a couple of heads sliced up for inspection. I went another time and there were Ford V6 weslake heads.