PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest CNC steppers I've ever seen!

D.C.
01-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Found these on ebay great price for a stepper + screw + linear guide.

It's unsupported rail though so Jazz probably won't approve. :(

Japan Micro CNC Stepper Motor + Screw + Linear Guide | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Japan-Micro-CNC-Stepper-Motor-Screw-Linear-Guide-/181000553137?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0)

John S
01-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Look like they are the stepper motors fitted into car door mirrors ?

GEOFFREY
01-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Cant match that for price, but some years ago I bought (£80 each-ouch) two lovely, high quality flat linear slides complete with ballscrews and stepper motors
with a view to using them as the Z slides on a twin head lightweight router to cut out the 1.6mm ply parts of my dollhouses. The travel is about 50mm and I think the ballscrews are about 6mm.

Any suggestions? To small for mooring weights and I'm too old for marital aids.

HankMcSpank
02-02-2013, 12:51 AM
There are that cheap because he's not even bothering to send them out to those whoe have bought ...look at his feedback - it's peppered with negative feedback from buyers of this stepper.

Web Goblin
02-02-2013, 11:01 AM
One of the companies I deal with at work occasionally sends out a monthly email letter and it contains a link to old stock they have for sale. I noticed that it had some Nema 34 hybrid steppers on the list so I decided to ask for a quote for them. Near fell off my chair when I was told they were nearly £600 each.

Saracen
02-02-2013, 11:22 AM
> It's unsupported rail though so Jazz probably won't approve. :(

It is only 14mm long though, so for the size that's a pretty robust rail.

I think the most impressive part of that advert is the macro function on his camera. Not sure mine would be able to capture a motor 8mm in diameter with such detail.

Adrian.