PDA

View Full Version : Sheetcam TNG

Web Goblin
01-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Does anyone use Sheetcam?
I bought this a while ago but never got round to trying it out.

C_Bubba
01-02-2013, 03:31 PM
I have been using Sheetcam since the days of the original Sheetcam beta's! I find it easy to use and there is great support from Les the author. He has a forum, and a yahoo group and is very responsive. I especially like the fact that I can modify post processors myself for local conditions. He even gives very adequate information on how to do it!

One very satisfied customer.

Web Goblin
02-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Had a quick play last night. I like the idea of being able to add a finish pass. I just need to try it a few times to get it right. Do you simply type in the value of the finish pass size you need for the first operation to leave the material on the job, then select a new operation for the same contour and set the finish pass value to zero?

C_Bubba
02-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Yep, that's the way I do it. there is a "finish" allowance that you can set and it will leave that much (or if you want to make the cut oversize for some reason, put in a negative amount for the finish pass) Sometimes, I will use a "rougher" mill and then switch to a "finish" mill for the finish pass.
Makes it easy to do as there are times the speeds and feeds will also be different.

Web Goblin
03-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks.
I have been having a play with it today and so far I really like it. Just found the start point editor as well. Brilliant.

C_Bubba
03-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Be glad to offer my advice on anything I can, just take it for what it costs:})

I find new stuff everyday and most of it comes from the yahoo forum.

Web Goblin
03-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks. If I get stuck I will drop you a line.