PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: 10 litre Vacuum degasser chamber with Robinair pump

Fivetide
06-02-2013, 04:39 PM

EBAY (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221186642988?ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1554.l2649) ( its goes live at 22:00 6th feb )

Less than 12 months old, degassing chamber. New cost £280

Robinair RA15601 6CFM was £320 new.

*********** Collection is encouraged as these Items are heavy and you will save on the transport/shipping costs. ******************

This has been the best combination I have had so far as degassing chamber and pump, the chamber seals tight instantly the vacuum starts and the Robinair takes the vacuum to 30 hg and below in 5 – 6 seconds, then holds the vacuum fast. I’m only selling it because I need a larger chamber. All the coupling’s pipes gauges come with it. All you need to do is connect the pipe and plug it in and instant vacuum ( you also need electricity to power the pump lol ) Chamber has a clear acrylic top so you can see you resin – rtv etc bubbling and the valve handles means you can let in air if the degassing is to vigorous instantly ( stop it spilling over), takes a couple of tries to know how much you materials need but you soon get the hang of it. Vacuum releases in less than a second so no time wasting with quick cure resins.

“This is about the degassing chamber from the guy I bought it from –

Degassing / Vacuum Chamber 10 ltr
The chamber is 225mm in diameter, 260mm deep and has a 20mm clear acrylic top. It is constructed with a 6mm steel base (with a layer of rubber on the base) and a 12mm thick nylon tube, with a rubber gasket on the top, to insure a good seal against the acrylic top. The benefit of using the nylon is its translucency. It let’s in more light than other chambers on the market, thereby allowing the user to see inside with ease. It also comes with a length of hose, a dial gauge, a right angle hose fitting and a small tube of silicone grease (to aid the seal between the acrylic top and the rubber)
Please note: There are some scratches on the surface of the nylon tube, this is from the manufacture of the tube and are purely cosmetic and won't affect the performance of the Vacuum chamber."

Robinair RA15601

High quality 6CFM vacuum pump

Two stage design – second stage starts pumping at a lower pressure to pull a deeper ultimate vacuum
Offset rotary vanes – proven design creates the deep vacuum conditions needed for a thorough evacuation
Gas ballast feature – helps keep the pump oil clean by reducing condensation of moisture
Iso-Valve – isolates pump from the system with just a 1/4 turn, making it simple to measure rate of rise

Fivetide
07-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Sold to a good home many thanks Matrin.. how do you mark it as sold now ?

Jonathan
07-02-2013, 07:11 PM
You should be able to just edit the first post, go to advanced then change the tag from 'for sale' to 'sold'. I'll do it if for some reason you can't...

Fivetide
07-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Maybe I'm doing it wrong Jonathan but I cant see the button even in advanced mode for some reason ? So if you could change it .. I would be most greatful

Jonathan
07-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Done it. Maybe only moderators can change that, which would explain why not many have been changed...

Fivetide
07-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks Jonathan it must be only ops as you said

Jonathan
13-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Lee has now fixed this so everyone can and should change their thread prefixes from 'For Sale' to 'Sold' when appropriate.