PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a copy of Burny/ITT WinAMC software for an AMC4 controllor/laser cutter

whereditgo
11-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Hello all,

Title kind of says it all. I am trying to help a fried with a laser cutter and older AMC4 controller.

I would like to get a copy of the WinAMC software and build some vitrtual test control panels.

Any help would be gereatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Web Goblin
11-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Have you tried contacting Burny directly? I doubt you would manage to pick this up otherwise but I do seem to remember someone else talking about this a while ago on here. A search of the forum might bring it up.

whereditgo
11-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Just spoke with a very helpful Rep at Burny. They adivised moving forward/off the AMC and using current technology rather then integrating it.

Will most likely reseach developing a Parrallel control system with Bob's and LinuxCNC or Mach3 option.

This would allow the cutter to run on the existing legacy Design/Plot/AMC Controller as well as have the option to use a more open control CAM system.

Will need to research the controls needed for the cutter.

Thanks

Web Goblin
12-02-2013, 08:14 AM
I glad its getting sorted out. I have dealt with burny a lot in the past and always found them to be helpful. You also have the option of USBCNC as well for your control software and hardware.

GEOFFREY
13-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Hi, I have been running my Wessel (ex pcb drill/router) as a highly accurate router for about 10 years with an AMC 4 controller (servo version) and have never had any problems. I do use WINAMC (for drip -feeding and config files to over-ride the flash memory) which I believe was a free download at some stage, but has now been removed. There is a possibilty that I can get hold of a copy if you decide to go down that route. G.

GEOFFREY
14-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Sorry, but I have just been told that WINAMC is no longer available, but that the Burny version will do the same job (maybe better). G.

owenhm
16-05-2018, 01:52 AM
Do you still have a copy of WinAMC Geoffrey?

bob-the-turner
12-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Hi i have a copy of WinAMC but but it needs a user name and password which i don't have

Eroltopcular
27-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Hello Evrybody
Im from Turkey,İstanbul.
We hava a cnc and winamc inside.I had a tunder breake and the winamc had flown.
How can i havwe that.Would you send me .
Best wishes from İstanbul.
Thanks
Erol topcular.