PDA

View Full Version : BUILD LOG: 10 month cnc project

viz
21-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Hello,

I have started one year ago cnc project and would like to share it here :) Motors are Nema34 from China, Drivers also from the same place. Linear rails are V groove bearings, got the rails a little used but in good working condition. Also created 3:1 belt reduction with HTD 3M timing belts. Drive system is rack and pinion, module 1.5, accuracy i have at this moment is about 0.2mm.
The first job with my cnc was dust Cyclone, works perfect.

Attaching some pictures from Inventor:

And here is result after 10 month :)

And here is second cut after dust Cyclone:

After these i got my Kress router broken. And the warranty ended 1 month ago :) So i have started at Indiegogo new Campaign to help me, to buy new spindle 3-4kw air cooled from China, because these kress routers are not so powerful to cut MDF and wood at high speeds.

I will be very glad if someone can fund some money at Indiegogo, here is my campaign: CNC Motor Spindle 4kw | Indiegogo (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/338796)

Peter Griffin
23-02-2013, 12:25 PM
I too would like funding as I would like to purchase a Mazak Intregrex I-200S (Check this out on youtube). However, if you all think I am being a little ambitious, then a Mazak Nexus 430A 11 HS vertical machining centre would get me started. I look forward to receiving your substantiale donations A.S.A.P.

WandrinAndy
23-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I too would like funding as .......

......... I look forward to receiving your substantiale donations A.S.A.P.

That's an unexpected surprise... I didn't realise that was one of the benefits of the forum..... Thanks Lee!

Easiest if any donations for me are simply popped into my PayPal account please.Thanks in Advance.

viz
23-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Adming approved this topic. If i violated any forum rules, please deleted last two sentences. Sorry and thanks for understanding...

D.C.
23-02-2013, 06:38 PM
How is the truss gantry working out for you, any problems?

PS Don't worry about the other comments, they are joking. That said I'm also taking donations if anyone is offering, I recommend a minimum donation of £1000 per month sent straight to my paypal account if you want to guarantee eternal happiness in the afterlife. For £500 excluding shipping I also offer 25mls vials of miraculous healing water personally blessed by me over a magical crystal.

viz
23-02-2013, 06:50 PM
I put the glass with water on the table when it was milling MDF and it was difficult to see any vibrations in water. Almost no vibrations at all. Just was complicated to make rails straight, next time if i'll make any new cnc, the table will be different :)

WandrinAndy
23-02-2013, 08:57 PM
If i violated any forum rules, please deleted last two sentences. Sorry and thanks for understanding...

Hi viz,

If anyone must say sorry then that person is me..... I was definitely just joking.... in my silly old way.

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers,
Andy

kingcreaky
24-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Well I think your machine is ace. Really good of you to post pictures and there is clearly a lot of work that has gone into it. Its nice and big and you should be proud of it my friend.

regarding the donations bit. Good luck! I think all you have seen above is the differences between British and Lithuanian senses of humour!.

Im sure you'll get yourself a new kress one way or another!

WandrinAndy
24-02-2013, 07:52 PM
I actually thought that the mention of funding was a wee joke from the start, but have just followed the OP's link and it looks like "indiegogo" is a general purpose fund raising site, funding some interesting projects such as GravityLight: lighting for developing countries. | Indiegogo (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gravitylight-lighting-for-developing-countries).

Well I never.... I suppose one learns something new every day! Afraid the cynic in me remains.... well, cynical, but best of luck to the OP..... Suppose that if you don't ask, you surely won't receive!!