PDA

View Full Version : new machine too noisy

progomez
16-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Anyone know of a "quiet" wood router.

At the moment I have a standard cheap 1000w plunge router which makes a racket.

I dont have a garage and at the moment am doing the test runs in the house.

Either I need to find a cheap quiet router or figure out how to make a soundproof box.

Also anyone have either a kress 1050 or fme 800? How noisy are these?

John S
16-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I use a Kress 850 and if you keep it under the 2 mark it's not bad at all.
When run flat out it's just like any other router.
2 is equal to about 12,000 rpm

If you want to ring me during a working day I can switch it on and you can listen to it.

John S.

progomez
16-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I use a Kress 850 and if you keep it under the 2 mark it's not bad at all.
When run flat out it's just like any other router.
2 is equal to about 12,000 rpm

If you want to ring me during a working day I can switch it on and you can listen to it.

John S.

That sounds like a great idea. Looking more at the fme800 so this should be similar.

Also heard good things about kress.

Lee Roberts
17-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Yup i'v got 2 of the FERM FBF-6E and they are ok at low speeds. Can pick them up cheap to, have a look at this post: Here (http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2649&postcount=5)

progomez
17-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Yup i'v got 2 of the FERM FBF-6E and they are ok at low speeds. Can pick them up cheap to, have a look at this post: Here (http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2649&postcount=5)

Excellent price. Cant seem to find any. Only the t4, although its not a bad price.

You say they are not noisy at low revs?

Lee Roberts
17-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Excellent price. Cant seem to find any. Only the t4, although its not a bad price.

Thats because i'v been buying them all up ! :D

You say they are not noisy at low revs?

No i dont think so, i would say at 8k Rev they are about as noisy as a woman's hair dryer on full, it would be hard to record the sound on a phone or video and i would say its probly still to noisy for you to use in the house unless you have good distance from room to room.

progomez
17-02-2009, 02:58 AM
Thats because i'v been buying them all up ! :D

No i dont think so, i would say at 8k Rev they are about as noisy as a woman's hair dryer on full, it would be hard to record the sound on a phone or video and i would say its probly still to noisy for you to use in the house unless you have good distance from room to room.
What I like about the size of the t4 is that I would be able to make a smaller cnc as at the moment im losing too much width from my y axis due to the plunge router (8 inch).

The t4 only needs a 43mm collar? If I can find a t3 or ferm I will buy one but iot looks like the t4 new is my best bet at only £63. Thanks for the advice. Id love a krell but they seem to be around £140 delivered.

Lee Roberts
17-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Just curious as to why? :confused:

So i can use them on my machines? :confused: :p if you look at my other post here (http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2649&postcount=5) you can read why. :beer:

progomez
17-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Have you seen the sparky routers on ebay? They are a purple equivalent of the trend and ferm, new for £25.

Do you have any links. Cant seem to find any cheap routers?

Lee Roberts
17-02-2009, 10:08 AM
No no, future machines as the builds have already been started.

No not seen the sparky, equivalent you say ?