PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: 16mm long stainless pins with m5 tap

dazza
10-03-2013, 09:35 AM
morning all
i thought id throw this in here save me struggling with my poor aldi bench drill and hacksaw.
what am i looking at to get some 8mm bar parted at 16mm lengths and an M5 Thread putting in, the threads not going through the length of it but going through the side centre/middle right through the 8mm dia. 100-200 peices.and most likely more after that
i can get the stainless 8mm bar at a tenner a metre forwarded.ta

D-man
10-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Drop AdCNC a message. :-)

dazza
10-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks dman,i,ll just leave it where it is and if anyone wants it they,ll get in touch ;)

D-man
10-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Sorry didn't want to single out one guy, reason being i use him for most of my work, so I can recommend him that's all. Probs should of explained it better :-p

Rhomech
10-03-2013, 05:05 PM
morning all
i thought id throw this in here save me struggling with my poor aldi bench drill and hacksaw.
what am i looking at to get some 8mm bar parted at 16mm lengths and an M5 Thread putting in, the threads not going through the length of it but going through the side centre/middle right through the 8mm dia. 100-200 peices.and most likely more after that

Hi Deisel, I have just seen your RFQ, are you still looking for quotes? Regards

Jonathan
10-03-2013, 07:05 PM
How soon would you need them?

Sounds expensive - I can get it for £2.62 per meter.

dazza
10-03-2013, 07:27 PM
bloody el that is cheap,

martin54
11-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy them rather than get someone to make them or am I missing something?
You can buy m5 barrel nuts at 16mm long in both stainless & alloy.

dazza
11-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy them rather than get someone to make them or am I missing something?
You can buy m5 barrel nuts at 16mm long in both stainless & alloy.
thanks martin i feel like a prize one, id given up searching for the things but it does help when you know the appropriate name for them,id typed everything from cam lock pins to..
,ive found a match on ebay but there in zinc,i,ll keep looking for the stainless,thanks lad

Rhomech
11-03-2013, 01:29 PM
thanks martin i feel like a prize one, id given up searching for the things but it does help when you know the appropriate name for them,id typed everything from cam lock pins to..
,ive found a match on ebay but there in zinc,i,ll keep looking for the stainless,thanks lad

Hi Deisel, I'll do them for £0.75 each, regards Gary

dazza
11-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi Deisel, I'll do them for £0.75 each, regards Gary
hello gary thanks for the offer i would have gladly paid that,but since my last post ive sourced and ordered them online,i,ll bare you in mind for future bits as im always needing lathe work done thanks

Rhomech
11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
hello gary thanks for the offer i would have gladly paid that,but since my last post ive sourced and ordered them online,i,ll bare you in mind for future bits as im always needing lathe work done thanks

No worries. Until next time.

martin54
11-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Glad it's sorted, just for future reference/searching the other name for them is cross dowels, never bought stainless myself but have seen them so know they exist although haven't a clue about price. Plated ones are cheap enough to buy from a lot of online fastening suppliers.