PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: i didnt think i was stupid but i do now!

stone
12-03-2013, 02:31 PM
hi my name is dave and i have just purchased a small cnc router (900x600x120)

is there anyone out there who lives close to perth who would be able to help me set it up properly

running mach3 with dsp controller.

GEOFFREY
12-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi, wellcome to the forum. You can't be that stupid or you would not have joined!!! We have some very knowledgeable members north of the border so I am sure you will soon get sorted. 900x600, thats a very useful size, what machine have you bought? G.

stone
12-03-2013, 06:27 PM
It's an eagle 1v which I bought off premier sign I had been looking for about six months for one if I can get my head around this I'm intent on building a full size one eg 10'x5' but it is doing my head in !

Bazzer
12-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi, I have an Eagle IV if you have any specific questions I will try and answer, PM me

Fivetide
12-03-2013, 10:27 PM
I have the one before and its the baby one tiny area, but I love it , mines ( and dont laugh) using NCStudio so i cant help with setup sorry. But Bazzer I'm saving up for the bigger eagle so i might be asking for some help at some point as well :)

Bazzer
12-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Anytime Fivetide, looks like you're near enough to come and look at the settings for yourself :)
(Have to own up to having help from Jazzy though with my set up)

Fivetide
12-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Would have been more of a supprise if Jazz had'nt helped someone at sometime lol :) Yeah I'm your side of Blackpoo in Freckelton

RoboCutter
17-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Would have been more of a supprise if Jazz had'nt helped someone at sometime lol :) Yeah I'm your side of Blackpoo in Freckelton

The Eagle machines with DSP do't not require 'setting up' they work out of the box.

You load a .nc code file to a USB memory stick, then put the memory stick into the DSP handle, then load and run the program after setting your zeroes on your material.

If you need more help let me know.

Colin

Fivetide
17-03-2013, 08:13 PM
The Eagle machines with DSP do't not require 'setting up' they work out of the box.

You load a .nc code file to a USB memory stick, then put the memory stick into the DSP handle, then load and run the program after setting your zeroes on your material.

If you need more help let me know.

Colin

Colin, high we spke before when I bought the CNC off you , just a quick question about NC, it runs fine but no matter what feed rate I set in the g-code I always have to crank it down to 10% in NCStudio or it cuts a tiny size of the original, do you have the same problem ?

RoboCutter
17-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Colin, high we spke before when I bought the CNC off you , just a quick question about NC, it runs fine but no matter what feed rate I set in the g-code I always have to crank it down to 10% in NCStudio or it cuts a tiny size of the original, do you have the same problem ?

Sorry, I am getting a mixed message from the post, are you suggesting that altering the feed rate scales down the design?

Fivetide
17-03-2013, 08:45 PM
t altering the feed rate scales down the design?

At 100% FR is scales the project down to a 3rd the size, at 10% feedrate it dimensions are perfect but the feed rate is 10% of the g-code's. If I scale up the FR to compensate in the G-code NC says the feedrates to high lol

RoboCutter
17-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Hmmm... can you email me tomorrow so i can do remote support to check the NC settings?

Fivetide
17-03-2013, 08:49 PM
will do mate thanks