PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: Ambitious Bicycle build project needs help

Psycholist666
14-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Hi, I am working with a partner in an ambitious electric bicycle build project. We are at a stage where we need to re-design the rear end of full suspension mountain bike in order to house some of the components of the bike. It is planned that after a huge promotional stunt that this bike would go in to production. There is a lot of interest in this project from many well known companies and organisations and your role in this project would really help your career and we are offering good money to the right person for this job. The project is very well financed by a private individual. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further details of this project.

Swarfing
14-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Welcome

Sounds like an interesting project. How about telling us a bit about yourself and how all this come about

Psycholist666
15-03-2013, 03:59 PM
HI, A bit about me and my partner. I have worked for many years in the cycling industry as a trainer, ride leader and a ride route and planning consultant. I am also a part-time cycle mechanic but that is where my engineering knowledge ends. My business partner is a well known software designer and search engine optimisation expert who has a number of businesses. We both have a great interest in cycling and making things go very fast!!!!. The bike build project is wide and varied but in essence requires the re-design of the rear end of a full suspension mountain bike and also some re-design of the Crankset in order to make it freewheel and also make it very durable. We have a motor which in itself is a fantastic and intriguing bit of kit. We need someone local to Oxford to provide good advice and help produce drawings and parts for the final build.

GEOFFREY
16-03-2013, 12:05 AM
That sounds exciting. Look forward to hearing about it when in production.I can't help I'm afraid, but good luck with your venture. G.

Fivetide
16-03-2013, 12:10 AM
i noticed that they are having an electric car forumla race in London this year , wonder why they dont consider a similar electric bike race would be fantastic .. good luck with your venture .. cant help you I dont have those skills but I'll be very interested in the final outcome.