View Full Version : Laminate plastic help!

11-04-2013, 07:04 PM
I have to make a sign for my brother, and im trying to find some laminated plastic.

I cant find any material anywhere, its either way too big, therefore exspensive, or not in the uk.

Does anyone know where i can get some from, or even know the correct name for it?
Cheers , simon

11-04-2013, 07:20 PM
What sort of sign do you have to make for him & what sort of size? Lots of different types of plastic/foam available. Bit more detail about what your looking for & someone will probably tell you what it's called.

11-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Its going to be a no parkin sign, about a4 size,

This is the sort of sign/plastic

Red with white writting.


11-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Think this stuff is called "traffolyte", look at UK Engraving Services laser engraving machines, service and repairs (http://www.ukengravingservices.co.uk)
I've not used them so not a recommendation

11-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Traffolyte is a trade name in much the same way as Perspex I believe but does sound like the sort of thing you are after, try searching for engraving laminate, you should find what you are looking for from a range of different suppliers.

11-04-2013, 11:26 PM
If you can get the plain sheets then make your own? plumbers pvc glue or even some acetone will glue them together

John S
12-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Everything you ever want for engraving.

Engraving Materials & Supplies Webshop (http://www.908ltd.co.uk/webshop)

13-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Hey swarfing thats a very good idea, i think im gona do that! John thats a very good site to know, im gona be ordering from there soon! Cheers guys