PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hi - I'm part of the Bearing Station team...

Mark Proctor
17-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi there,
I'm Mark - I recently started working with the guys at Bearing Station, helping out with the website etc.

Anyway - I was having a look at where their traffic comes from and saw quite a few visits from this site, so thought I'd come over and say thanks.

I had a look over some of the threads and the sentiment seems a bit mixed - a few issues with delivery times etc. but generally positive stuff...

Anyway, the team here is coming to the end of a massive process of sorting out the order/delivery process which should hopefully sort any delivery issues out.

Reading over the forum, got me thinking that maybe I could get them to do a reddit style: 'ask me anything (http://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/)' about their products (belts, bearings, seals etc.) if there is any interest/it would be useful to the users here?

Would appreciate any feedback - looked for a way to message Lee and Jonathan to ask permission, but couldn't find a PM system on here, so please let me know what you think. Between Nev and Phil who set up Bearing Station, they've got many years of experience and a wealth of knowledge, so hopefully it'd be an interesting thread!

Thanks for reading, I look forward to hearing back.
Cheers,
Mark

Jonathan
17-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Hello Mark,

Reading over the forum, got me thinking that maybe I could get them to do a reddit style: 'ask me anything (http://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/)' about their products (belts, bearings, seals etc.) if there is any interest/it would be useful to the users here?

Would appreciate any feedback - looked for a way to message Lee and Jonathan to ask permission, but couldn't find a PM system on here, so please let me know what you think.

I think new members can only send private messages once your first post has been approved, which I've just done so hopefully it will work now.

What you propose sounds like a good idea to me, although you should check with Lee as he's in charge. After suggesting people use timing belts and pulleys on their CNC machines, I quite regularly get asked questions about which ones to get and how to work out things like the center distance, so you'd probably just repeatedly get asked the same questions.

Also, I think if Bearing Station offered a service to bore their HTD timing pulleys and add grubscrews then that would help a lot of people on this forum. If you've got a lathe then it's easy enough to just drill and ream them to the right diameter, but without that it's not realistic to do it accurately

Mark Proctor
18-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Thanks Jonathan,
I'm afraid I still can't find the PM option (it's probably staring me in the face) - so I used the contact form in the assumption that Lee will get those messages.

I asked Phil about the boring/grubscrews service you mentioned, and he says it wouldn't be a problem to offer that - he just needs to do a little homework first, so I'll keep you updated!

Thanks again,
Mark

Swarfing
18-04-2013, 04:24 PM
click the user name and an option to PM will come up.

Mark Proctor
19-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Thanks Swarfing - Lee got back to me with the okay - so I've posted the thread in the general discussion forum as that seemed most appropriate. It's over here: http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/general-discussion/6050-we-bearing-station-ask-us-anything.html#post45300