PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello all from the latest new member!

Microwhite
01-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Glad to have found the site - good to know like minded people are out there for each other.

I am an engineer for engraving / CNC machines and also repair most types of machine. Electronics is a key part of my work and I have also designed control units for old machines. Happy to share any knowledge I have on Gravograph, Dahlgren, Newing Hall, Fanuc, Bridgeport, Hasp etc!!! the list is long and ever growing.

Regards

Mervyn White

Lee Roberts
01-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi Microwhite, welcome to MYCNCUK. Please take the time to view the FAQ section for answers to questions you may have, if your building a new machine be sure to start a new build log detailing your progress !

Mucky Mike
08-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi Merv, you may be the man to answer my first question.

I have a Dahlgren 2516 engraving machine run by Engravlab software. Can I run a homebuilt CNC machine from this program.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Microwhite
10-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Mike

Only just picked up your post!!

Engravelab will have many drivers (post processors) for different types of machines. Many of which will drive a host of different CNC machines - need to know what the CNC is looking for i.e. HPGL, binary, DML2 etc as an input file. Then we can match a post processor with your CNC machine.

Hope this helps if not do ring me - all details on website www.microwhite.co.uk

Regards

Mervyn

r0binh00d 323
15-12-2011, 10:55 PM
i am an engraver and im in need of a driver board for an nh 300, apex 1 amc if you know where i can get it thanks

Mill Grav Newbie
25-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi Mervn
I bet you will be innundated with request for information from members, so can I add mine to the list.
I cant find any mention of the MillGrav machine on the Newing Hall driver and help files. Mine has the Apex 1 controller and came without any software or drivers. (See my introduction post) Would you have any thoughts as to how to get underway?
Many Thanks
Albert