PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of fuzzies

johngoodrich
27-04-2013, 05:33 PM
hi all. been machining for quite a while now mostly small parts which are easy to clean up, but now starting to do bigger pieces. I need a quick and easy way to get rid of fuzzies on my finished parts. I've seen a lot of people use small bristle brushes on dremel type machines in the usa but cannot seem to find the brushes over here in the uk. any links to these in the uk would be great and also any advice as how to remove fuzzies quickly and easily. cheers all

Swarfing
27-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Hi John

I was down in St Austell last weekend!

The brushes they may be talking about i have read myself. I believe what they are talking about is the ones that look like little chimney sweep brushes? you would be better off changing your cutters in the first place though. Not experimented in this area myself and increasing the speed of the spindle.

cropwell
28-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Have a look on eBay search on dremel brush and you get nylon, brass, steel and stainless steel bristles. They don't last 5 minutes though.

Cheers, Rob

Ricardoco
29-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Have a look on eBay search on dremel brush and you get nylon, brass, steel and stainless steel bristles. They don't last 5 minutes though.

Cheers, Rob And make sure you wear Eye protection and an apron, cos they don't wear out the bristles actually fly off and stick in whatever is closest...

Rick