PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt gerber 48 value

martin54
06-05-2013, 06:50 PM
My Business Insurance is just about up for renewal so I have been speaking to my broker about it. Tend to use a broker to make sure everything I need is included & there are no nasty surprises if I should need to make a claim which to date I have never done anyway.

During the course of the conversation the subject of equipment & it's value came up. It's easy to put a value on most of the equipment I have but I haven't got a clue where to start with the ststem 48. All the original electronics have been removed & replaced with modern motors & drivers & obviously the gerber software that was supplied with the machine is now of no use so has been replaced with mach3. The router is still a self contained unit though as I have built the new computer into the old control box along with the drivers. The spindle has also been replaced with a 2.2 kw & VFD.

poppa jock
29-07-2013, 05:34 PM
My Business Insurance is just about up for renewal so I have been speaking to my broker about it. Tend to use a broker to make sure everything I need is included & there are no nasty surprises if I should need to make a claim which to date I have never done anyway.

During the course of the conversation the subject of equipment & it's value came up. It's easy to put a value on most of the equipment I have but I haven't got a clue where to start with the ststem 48. All the original electronics have been removed & replaced with modern motors & drivers & obviously the gerber software that was supplied with the machine is now of no use so has been replaced with mach3. The router is still a self contained unit though as I have built the new computer into the old control box along with the drivers. The spindle has also been replaced with a 2.2 kw & VFD.

That router in the U.S.A. would be worth at least $6,000 dollars