PDA

View Full Version : Millford ..LOW COST CNC 3-AXIS DRILLING MACHINE (£240) New UK

Fivetide
09-05-2013, 03:54 PM
I was trawling the CPC site for PCD prototype and saw this 5D300 (http://cpc.farnell.com/milford-instruments/5d300/low-cost-cnc-3-axis-drilling-machine/dp/PC00380)

Its probably been discussed at some point , but I thought if they do have some stock it may be a very good way of starting a project to see if you actually like CNC's lol ? Plus hell if your only ever going to make a few prototype PCBs why would you want to spend any more :) yes and before you say it I know it’s says it’s just a drilling machine, not sure it could be adapted to do the full PCB .. but I thought I would share anyway .

GEOFFREY
09-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Hi fivetide. Milford Instruments have been making kits for this type of machine for years now, I considered getting one, and for a starter project they look good value. From memory no lead screws, just a cord to move the axis, but i feel sure that it can be used to engrave pcb tracks as well as drill. This must be a good, interesting project for schools etc. Thanks for posting (nice trip down memory lane). G.