PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: From Greenock,Scotland

crazy horse
04-03-2009, 10:50 AM
HI,
I am living in the West of Scotland. Having done some CADCAM work in the past and now having some free time thanks to the cwedit cwunch, I would like to aquire a small cnc mill/router to 'play with'.
I am considering trying to build one but would much prefer to buy with a view of building a second one.

I would like to see a homebuild machine running to see if its within my capabilities to build one. I would appreciate any invite to do so if their is anyone out there who is looking for an apprentice/audience.

Colin:beer:

Lee Roberts
04-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi crazy horse, welcome to MYCNCUK. Please take the time to view the FAQ section for answers to questions you may have, if your building a new machine be sure to start a new build log detailing your progress !

williamkelty
30-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Hi crazy horse you are more than welcome to come and see mine but you will not learn much I have it running on mach3 but not sure how to do the setting properly. I am new to cnc I still don't understand a lot of the info so I am looking for someone to help with mach3 ? I am in kilmarnock if you want a look you will be able to get the basic. Willie

martin54
30-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Colin, plenty of members north of the border on here so hopefully you should get a few invites. You could start by having a look through some of the build logs, you should be able to get a good idea of what others have done. You really need to decide what you want the machine for before you buy or build as this will have a big effect on the type of machine you buy or build.

m_c
30-01-2013, 06:39 PM
This thread is nearly 4 years old...