PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello from South Africa

Les Bidgood
12-06-2013, 02:19 PM
I discovered this site a long while ago, but failed to receive the mail to confirm my registration. Luckily a new e=mail was received today and has allowed me confirm my registration.

I am retired and have built a CNC gantry router. This has worked successfully although it could be greatly improved. However it does what I require and thus will remain as is for the foreseeable future.

I have a website, - FabRap (http://fabrap.co.za) for those interested in a fuller description.

My current project is to build a 3D printer using the CNC Router to make all components. This may still take some time as the project is undertaken for pleasure and no commercial interest is contemplated.

Machining and making projects are simply to exercise the grey matter.

Kind regards,
Les

Lee Roberts
12-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi Les welcome to the forum, just off to have a look at your website.

If you run into any problems in using this website, please feel free to contact me.

.Me

Fivetide
12-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi les welcome nice website some great machines in that workshop of yours.

Les Bidgood
12-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi les welcome nice website some great machines in that workshop of yours.

Thanks. It has taken some time to collect them all. Now I enjoy tryijng the various projects.

WandrinAndy
12-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the forum Les.

Can you still remember where you had your first Campari?

Cheers,Andy

Fivetide
12-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Les.

Can you still remember where you had your first Campari?

Cheers,Andy

I had a P reg 1.6 lazer in 1989 .. red paint lol was awesome ! Oh sorry I thought you said Capri lol :P

GEOFFREY
13-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi Les, welcome to the forum. Great to see your workshop, equipment and projects. Great website. G.

Les Bidgood
14-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Hi Les, welcome to the forum. Great to see your workshop, equipment and projects. Great website. G.

Thanks. Have just returned from holiday, so apologize for slow response. I have a few promises to complete and then will start machining the 3D printer parts. I hope to open this as a blog on the website.