PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Cadsoft help please

Fivetide
16-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Basically on the schematic there is one opamp and one Pot , I’m trying to replace the pot but its on the schematic somehow dynamically linked to the other. So its shows two pots but there’s only actually one, I’m trying to figure how you do this anyone any ideas, I’ve done the google thing but I don’t actually know what to ask in the question.
also Im trying to kill a reallya noying fly .. get off my hand !! :hororr:

C_Bubba
17-07-2013, 01:31 AM
What I am reading is that you put the wrong pot in the original schematic to begin with and now want to put in a different one???
If that is the case, open the schematic and delete the original pot and add a new one and wire it up. You may also have to delete the original connections to the pot also before you delete it.

At least that is the way I have done something similar in the past.
HTH

Fivetide
17-07-2013, 12:46 PM
What I am reading is that you put the wrong pot in the original schematic to begin with and now want to put in a different one???
If that is the case, open the schematic and delete the original pot and add a new one and wire it up. You may also have to delete the original connections to the pot also before you delete it.

At least that is the way I have done something similar in the past.
HTH

Hi Bubba , no thats not actually what I mean. :) take alook at the picture. On the board there is one Pot on the schematic there are two mirrored, if I delete them both then replace them, on the board picture I get two pots. It’s the same amp repeated on the schematic I’m trying to figure out how this is done. I want to be able to replace both pots on the Schematic and only have 1 pot on the board.BTW i didnt do the original thats why I dont know how they did this.

irving2008
17-07-2013, 02:18 PM
They are two halves of one dual pot package. you need to choose a part that contains two pots in the same device. Eaglesoft knows this, just like it knows that a dual or quad op-amp is 2 or 4 elements in one package. If you replace them with individual pots you will get two on the board.

HankMcSpank
17-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi Bubba , no thats not actually what I mean. :) take alook at the picture. On the board there is one Pot on the schematic there are two mirrored, if I delete them both then replace them, on the board picture I get two pots. It’s the same amp repeated on the schematic I’m trying to figure out how this is done. I want to be able to replace both pots on the Schematic and only have 1 pot on the board.BTW i didnt do the original thats why I dont know how they did this.

As Irving has said, that part is a dual gang pot.

I want to be able to replace both pots on the Schematic and only have 1 pot on the board.

That's what you've got already....two separate pots on the schematic but just one physical(dual ganged) pot on the board...clearly you seek something else so this must be a terminology/explanation thing!

Fivetide
17-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks irving that makes sense , theres no dual pot in the parts list for the alps but there is enough of the others to make on from scratch or coble them together to make a new part :)

Fivetide
17-07-2013, 05:24 PM
As Irving has said, that part is a dual gang pot.

That's what you've got already....two separate pots on the schematic but just one physical(dual ganged) pot on the board...clearly you seek something else so this must be a terminology/explanation thing!

yeah I found a duel element pot now, but its not switched so Ill have to take that and add a switch to it.