PDA

View Full Version : GX16 to M542

Carlb1058
25-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Total confusion, for me anyway..

I realise that a lot of machines have their own different coloured wiring going in to the the GX16 but surely there is a standard lineout for want of a better to the M542?

I've attached a pic to try to better explain what I mean, but could someone shed some light on what could be the more common or correct wiring format please. Wiring the M542's to the PSU and BOB along with the various on/off/e-stops was a piece of cake, this however is doing my 'ead in.

Carlb1058
25-07-2013, 12:46 AM
FYI: From the machine itself, the colours for the wires are (with notch at bottom) TL-Green, TR-Yellow, BL-Blue, BR-Red

ptjw7uk
29-07-2013, 08:26 AM
I cannot really see the problem, just wire the first coil to 1 & 2 and the other to 3 & 4, then wire all yours the same.
If the motor is running the wrong way the software will be able to reverse the direction, or (as I do ) change the wiring at the motor end.(leads connect via a choc block in a case attached to the motor).

Peter

Carlb1058
29-07-2013, 11:08 PM
I cannot really see the problem, just wire the first coil to 1 & 2 and the other to 3 & 4, then wire all yours the same.
If the motor is running the wrong way the software will be able to reverse the direction, or (as I do ) change the wiring at the motor end.(leads connect via a choc block in a case attached to the motor).

Peter

Last time I tried that I got squat movement so I gave up til I could get some new GX16's, which I'm still waiting on - bloody eBay sellers!! It just struck me though, where the boggin 'ell do I connect the spindle? More eBay junk without proper instructions on what goes where GRRRRRRR