PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium Warehouse contact details

m_c
26-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Has anybody got any contact details for Aluminium Warehouse, that doesn't involve dealing with trained monkeys who can't actually sort anything?

They substitued sizes in my last order, and despite numerous emails and phoning, they seem totally inept at actually doing anything to fix it.

dazza
26-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Has anybody got any contact details for Aluminium Warehouse, that doesn't involve dealing with trained monkeys who can't actually sort anything?

They substitued sizes in my last order, and despite numerous emails and phoning, they seem totally inept at actually doing anything to fix it.
No but going back a bit what i did was use the feed back form then left neg feedback and sent it, next day some one from higher up sent me a mail saying they will look at the issue and oppoligize for my being ignored by staff,i cant find the email or id give the blokes name

m_c
26-07-2013, 01:30 PM
I happened to find a feedback email earlier, so I filled it in.

I know the last company I left bad feedback for on feefo, I had what I wanted within hours!

kingcreaky
26-07-2013, 01:46 PM
no contact details, but glad somebody else is suffering aswell. I placed an order last week, of which it seems 2 out of three parcels where dispatched on tuesday that I recieved yesterday. and despite being actually "promised" the 3rd package will be with me today, its now 13:45 and no sign.

:livid:

Jonathan
26-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Perhaps in future use Metal Stockists: ASC Metals Lincoln Ltd. - Metal stockholders for East Midlands/North of England (http://www.ascmetals.com)
They tend to be cheaper than aluminium-warehouse, especially for plate, and also have other non ferrous metals at good prices.

dazza
26-07-2013, 02:00 PM
no contact details, but glad somebody else is suffering aswell. I placed an order last week, of which it seems 2 out of three parcels where dispatched on tuesday that I recieved yesterday. and despite being actually "promised" the 3rd package will be with me today, its now 13:45 and no sign.

:livid:
delivery used to be quite fast with AW but these days its a week+ in some cases,looking at my transaction history with them they used to use tufnells(something like that)on the ball and fast delivery,now its tnt,and there a whole new thread:excitement:

Jonathan
26-07-2013, 02:08 PM
The last two times I ordered from ASC the delivery was free, and I didn't order that much. If I recall correctly they deliver on two working days each week, so you're guaranteed to get the order within a couple of days.

(Edit: I'm not being paid to advertise ASC!)

kingcreaky
26-07-2013, 02:27 PM
See for me, although AW service is bad, there website makes up for it. Although Ive rang ASC and for that matter other ali stockists its always a game first of establishing what they stock and what they dont stock, they then give you awkward prices and cutting is additional cost which they provide no way of working out. You ring them with a big list and cuts etc and it always seems like too much hassle. Whereas, AW has an excellant website that allows you to peruse over what they have specify your cuts and get an exact cost (regardless of if its too expensive)
Here's me promoting them... and im still sat here waiting for my delivery :grumpy:

Matt

Jonathan
26-07-2013, 02:32 PM
You can e-mail ASC with a list and they'll give you an itemized quote - that's what I did on my last order. Just remember to add the 20% for VAT and you've got the exact cost. ASC also do have a stock list here:

http://www.ascmetals.com/downloads/wholebrochure.pdf

But it's not everything - they'll sometimes get you things which aren't on the list. Either way the stock range is large...

dazza
26-07-2013, 02:42 PM
See for me, although AW service is bad, there website makes up for it.

Matt
agreed its hardly worth mentioning asc is cheaper unless your buying 500 notes to a grands worth of plate a time
otherwise its a bag of chips and a spud fritter between em,and you still have the too and throw lark in email then the phone call with the card details.
most my orders from AW ordered the week before come the following friday afternoon so you could still get it today.

m_c
26-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Do asc deliver nationally?

Jonathan
26-07-2013, 02:57 PM
agreed its hardly worth mentioning asc is cheaper unless your buying 500 notes to a grands worth of plate a time
otherwise its a bag of chips and a spud fritter between em,and you still have the too and throw lark in email then the phone call with the card details.

My last order with ASC was £174 with VAT total. Here are the first two lines:

Put the same sizes in the aluminium warehouse site and it's £8.39 more, plus delivery at £12.49 so that's £20.88 saved. I'm happy to make a 5-10 minute phone call to save 20 quid!

I don't think they deliver nationally as it just arrives on one of their company flat trucks. Still it might be worth asking if you're ordering a reasonable amount?

dazza
26-07-2013, 03:12 PM
i guess its swings and roundabouts then jonathan,my last order from them was a little over 100 quid for 20mm plate and by my reckoning and looking on the AW Site id saved about £1.95p lol wasnt worth it.
ive used both companys a bit now and i will say in asc,s favour i only bother with the eco cast but where asc will have the courtesy to ring or mail and say look we have your plate ready to send but its damaged or marked on one side do you want us to send it?? AW just send it then ignore you when you winge about it.

Jonathan
26-07-2013, 03:33 PM
i guess its swings and roundabouts then jonathan

Yes, definitely. ASC seem to be more expensive for small sizes of aluminium round bar, but they've always been cheaper for me with 6082 aluminium plate. I've not ordered any tooling plate/eco cast from them so no idea what the difference is...

Also, when they didn't have enough of something I wanted in stock they sent what they had then the rest in a couple of days, which I thought was good service.

kingcreaky
26-07-2013, 06:01 PM
take back everything i said back about AW

All has arrived. perfect condition.

martin54
26-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Asc wouldn't deliver to me when I asked them about delivery but that was quite a while ago so may have changed, being in scotland probably didn't help either as some people seem to think that non of Scotland is covered by mainland UK.

Jonathan if you are using ASC quite a bit then you will probably have a trade account which could easily make the prices they charge you lower than anyone who is contacting them for the first time especially if they don't mention it is trade.

Jonathan
26-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Jonathan if you are using ASC quite a bit then you will probably have a trade account which could easily make the prices they charge you lower than anyone who is contacting them for the first time especially if they don't mention it is trade.

I don't have a trade account - I've ordered from there about 4 times in the past year, so not much really.

Gytis
08-08-2013, 11:27 PM
I will post my question here as it relates to "aluminium warehouse"

how accurate they doing cuts ?
let's say that I need 200x200mm aluminum plate., they declared that "Cutting Tolerance: + 2.0mm / - Nil", it will be very complicated to get rid of extra 1 or 2mm on table saw or chop saw I thing?.
Maybe it will be better to make orders on over sized plates?, and after cut to size what I need?

Thanks

JAZZCNC
08-08-2013, 11:40 PM

let's say that I need 200x200mm aluminum plate., they declared that "Cutting Tolerance: + 2.0mm / - Nil", it will be very complicated to get rid of extra 1 or 2mm on table saw or chop saw I thing?.
Maybe it will be better to make orders on over sized plates?, and after cut to size what I need?

Thanks

Better buying oversize then cutting. Ali plate cuts easily on a table saw with decent blade, I cut all my plate to rough size on table saw in one pass 20mm or more.!

Fivetide
09-08-2013, 07:37 AM

Thanks

Plus I think they use a plasma cutter on the plate as the edges look melted and nasty.

JAZZCNC
09-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Plus I think they use a plasma cutter on the plate as the edges look melted and nasty.

No not at all I've had hundreds of feet of plate from them and never has it been cut with plasma, always looks like band saw teeth marks to me.!! . . . . If you have had any like this then think it must have been a one off, i'd have sent it back in your case.

r0bsk1
09-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Mine were cut with a circular saw. They sunk the blade about 5mm, started the cut then noticed it was too short and adjusted. That went back to them. Nice clean sharp cuts though.