PDA

View Full Version : Arc Eurotrade Sieg X2

Rogue
27-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Good afternoon one and all,

After some time (how many years now? I'm frightened to count) working through a build that I want to do and collecting components, I've decided that I will go for something pre-built initially and use that to work on the one I want to build. The larger workspace of the planned build was only necessary for light work in light materials, so by having a separate bit of kit for the smaller metal work I can stop obsessing about extreme rigidity and weight for something that will only make light cuts in plastic.

At this stage I'm waiting for the AE Sieg X2+ R8 to come back into stock. I've dropped AE an email with some questions but I'm too impatient to wait for the reply.

Has anyone bought one of these and, if so, does anyone know what size delivery crate is used?

Ideally I would prefer to collect it already broken down into the base/worktable/column but I suspect they will say no. The logistics of living in an end-terrace house are a pain in the backside sometimes when it comes to access and I hate the idea of having to take it apart in the street outside the front door :hopelessness:

John S
27-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Can't give you sizes but the web site should do this.
What i can say is that two people can easily lift one and carry it thru normal doorways.

Rogue
27-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Can't give you sizes but the web site should do this.
What i can say is that two people can easily lift one and carry it thru normal doorways.

The website gives the size & weight of the mill which certainly looks manageable; it's the size of the delivery crate I'm wondering about. I'd rather not have to open it up on the pavement outside the house!

One day I might have a workshop the size of yours, John. I wouldn't know what to do with most of it, of course, but the fun is in the learning :beer:

Rogue
31-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Just in case it's useful for anyone else, AE very helpfully confirmed the following:
"The SX2P weighs 69kgs when packed and the case dimensions are 53x53x69cms."

Now I just need to wait for the R8 version to come back into stock! Having the cash is one thing, keeping it unspent is another thing entirely. It's a good thing I'm committed :devilish:

minimad30
31-07-2013, 06:50 PM
That's alot smaller than the crate my x3 arrived in! the driver wouldn't take the crate to the bottom of my drive! Had to dismantle the crate at the front of my house and move the mill in myself via engine hoist!

Rogue
31-07-2013, 07:36 PM
That's alot smaller than the crate my x3 arrived in! the driver wouldn't take the crate to the bottom of my drive! Had to dismantle the crate at the front of my house and move the mill in myself via engine hoist!

"Nearest flattest surface", apparently, which is a pain in the backside for my location. Everyone I know locally lives in a flat or with worse access than me, otherwise I could get it delivered somewhere else then strip it down to base/column/table/headstock to transport home.

I'll have to ask around Derby to find someone who fancies a bit of beer money :beer:

John S
01-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Perhaps if you had put Derby in your details I could have helped earlier.

How about you pay for it with Arc, I'll collect it and keep it ?

Failing that if that isn't suitable how about i collect it next time I'm down and they are in stock. I smash it to bits in the Donald and deliver it to you in 2 handy sized pieces, bed and column.

Then we both go off and get a pie and a pint ? [EDIT] And a packet of Hobnobs..............

Clive S
01-08-2013, 12:10 AM
What! No Hobnob's it a bargin:yahoo:

Rogue
01-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Perhaps if you had put Derby in your details I could have helped earlier.

How about you pay for it with Arc, I'll collect it and keep it ?

Failing that if that isn't suitable how about i collect it next time I'm down and they are in stock. I smash it to bits in the Donald and deliver it to you in 2 handy sized pieces, bed and column.

Then we both go off and get a pie and a pint ? [EDIT] And a packet of Hobnobs..............

Would I get visitation rights? Supervised contact once a month at least...

I'm intrigued now - what's "the Donald"? Is it a machine or do you keep a captive angry scotsman with a sledgehammer? :joker:

John S
01-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Donald Truck = truck

Rogue
01-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Ahhhh. I was never the sharpest knife in the draw...

John S
01-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Ahhhh. I was never the sharpest knife in the draw...

OK then, two packets of hobnobs................

Rogue
01-08-2013, 07:11 PM
OK then, two packets of hobnobs................

You say that, but last time I brought you a packet I ended up eating most of them myself...