PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Mach 3 converted lathe x axis Boxford TCL 160

FarrerDesign
07-08-2013, 09:42 AM
I've recently bought a Boxford TCL160 lathe that was already converted to Mach 3 by the previous owner. Everything seem to be working fine on it, but I noticed one thing that was wrong with it.

I noticed on the readout of the X axis that when the travel should be going X- the readout would be going X+. is there any quick way of sorting this problem out as I would really like to start using this lathe.

any help would be much appreciated.

thank you

martin54
07-08-2013, 10:16 AM
If you go to the configuration dropdown menu & select homing/limits you have the otion to reverse the direction of any axis that is traveling the wrong way.

FarrerDesign
07-08-2013, 10:40 AM
is it really that simple?? :-)

martin54
07-08-2013, 12:27 PM
If you have a look in the mach3 manual it explains it.
I had the same thing when I first started running the machine I had refurbished. Worked like that for a while & was fine. Since then I have changed the axis around so the Y axis is now the x axis & vice versa. If you swap your x & y around you will probably find it does the same thing

FarrerDesign
07-08-2013, 12:43 PM
thank you for the help. I will try that when I get home from work this afternoon and I will let you know. if that has sorted the problem.

once I edit the configurations, will this be saved for the next time i will turn on my machine or will I have to reset it again?

martin54
07-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Mach3 will save any changes you make.