PDA

View Full Version : JBEC CNC Router System is now available in the UK

StoneyCNC
08-08-2013, 02:05 AM
Hello to all. I have checked and I hope I am posting in the correct place - please let me know that my post is okay. I hope it will be of use to some of you.

My name is Rory Stoney and I am pleased to announce that the JBEC CNC ROUTER platform is now available in the UK via StoneyCNC (STONEY CNC · ROUTER SYSTEMS (http://stoneycnc.co.uk/index.html)). The JBEC CNC router platform is based on a German platform design and is assembled in Kilkenny in Ireland in affiliation with JBEC. JBEC (John Brennan (http://jbec.eu/)) has had 30 years experience in the automotive industry and has full industrial fabrication facilities in house allowing us to assembly and customize machine design with exact professional tolerances in house on a 3D Hurco machine platform. Within JBEC commercial machining work is a core competence and we therefore understand the challenges associated with machine building and the associated design challenges.

The machine is based on 80mm x 50mm box section bed frame construction design supporting the gantry and T-slot aluminium bed. The results is a very stiff robust platform with excellent accuracy and stiffness translated to the cutting tip - the key to good CNC router performance. The platform has had great success since its release in Ireland supporting many new and growing business opportunities.

Our standard machine is controlled using high spec Oriental-stepper-motors driven by Leadshine drives on all axes - feel free to ask for more information. We adopt a 24V DC latched on/off circuit on all out machines as standard as safety is out no.1 priority. We also offer a servo stepper version where extremely high performance is required.

I have had experience in CNC for a number of years and have experienced a range of low cost machines. I would view our platform as potentially one of the most high performance in the sub 10,000€/£ range - I'm very open to and would welcome comments/challenges on the back of this statement.... our platform is a standalone unit - no alignment or hardware assembly on site is required. The machine will be delivered and will perform to our stringent quality checks on site within minutes.

We acknowledge that our platform typically comes in more expensive than others in this category but we view it a full professional system within its price range and we do not compromise on the system design. Machining / cycle times can be thrashed with increased feed rates without compromising the quality of the machined part.

The video below shows our stated repeatability down to 0.02mm. The efficient transmission of torque via ball-screws through our stiff frame maintains the repeatability during cutting operations at high feed rates. Repeatability values as you all know must be translated into cutting operations for stated accuracies to prevail in practice. A dial gauge does not challenge the gantry stiffness it merely gives an indication of the drive and gantry efficiency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoERYT7ye7Y

The following clip shows an engraving toolpath onto a piece of Oak for a sign - the machining time was sub 10 minutes and could be reduced further - again feel free for more proof :smug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgGE7qzttOw

As part of our service to date in Ireland our focus is on supporting the technology and helping the knowledge grow. We prefer to discuss projects with customers to help specify the specific machine performance requirements. We also like to follow up with progress and help as best we can. As an example Woodelo make Ash bike frames (see out testimonials section on the site) using our machine system for full 3D work and JBEC helped build and design a rig for assembling the frames as well as the machine installation. We prefer to deliver and commission in person and get to know our customers - we intend on continuing in this light in the UK - we do also offer a courier / pick up delivery service if required.

We also offer a range of retro fit solutions for small and medium stepper solutions as well as bigger more powerful servo conversions. More details and case studies will appear on our site as it is still under development. As part of our retro fit and machine building experience we have extensive knowledge in control electronics. Many of you I'm sure are aware of some of the limitations associated with LPT printer port machine control commonly via Mach3... Certain PC's can generate poor performance on exactly the same hardware. Artsoft and Mach3 have done an amazing job getting Mach to work on such a wide range of hardware systems.

Therefore we currently offer a USB controller as an optional upgrade for 70-80£ (ex works) which transforms the machine for full high speed 3D performance on almost any PC running Mach3 - demonstrations of this will be available soon.

We are also working on one aspect of our machine where out platform stiffness can really be demonstrated. Cutting aluminium and light metals is a topic that is often dropped into performance specs but rarely demonstrated in my opinion. We hope to have a full demo of our machine milling aluminium samples as soon as we can.

We also offer extras such as
High speed spindles
4th axis
Tangential/Oscillating knife
Mist coolant delivery systems
Auto zero probe installations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B9RuwsnTypQ

If you have any questions regarding the platform or anything that appears on our website please don't hesitate to contact us. We welcome and encourage any feedback/requests/performance challenges

Lastly - more of a question to the wider CNC community I hope to reach out to on this site - is there an event/medium through which we could have a stand and demonstrate the machine to it can be seen locally in the flesh - a picture and video can only communicate so much?

JAZZCNC
08-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Hi Rory,

You've made a Neat looking machine with plenty of thought and experience gone into it but how much is it.!!! . . You forgot that bit.!
Others will be interested to know has am I. ?

Dean.

John S
08-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Dean,
Old but true saying.

"If you have to ask you can't afford it "

:yahoo:

GEOFFREY
08-08-2013, 08:39 AM
The original posting said sub 10K euros, but did not specify machine specifications. G.

JAZZCNC
08-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Dean,
Old but true saying.

"If you have to ask you can't afford it "

:yahoo:

I was asking for you John. . .:whistle:

The original posting said sub 10K euros, but did not specify machine specifications. G.

£9,999 is Sub 10K.!! . . . Personally I like to know and sure has would others a No bull shit Firm price of standard Stepper driven Machine. With or without spindle.!!

By standard I mean complete with fully working control box (with or without PC) and machine with limit switch's, home switches.
Things like Probes, 4th axis etc are considered extra's IMO.

John S
08-08-2013, 09:33 AM
I was asking for you John. . .:whistle:

Sorry I'm skint , just bought two of the new Nexus 7 tablets, awesome graphics, now gotta sort out how to run this Beaver mill off it ? :beer:

StoneyCNC
08-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Dean, Geoffry and John - thanks for your input!! Cash is indeed king at the end of the day - But cash driven purchases can drive the total cost of ownership up - one has to look at the cost over the lifetime of the machine.

Dean you summarised the options well - your no stranger to CNC. I shall try and be as comprehensive as possible with regard to the prices.

Firstly the standard stepper driven machine comes with 48V switching PSU driving 3 Leadshine DM556's. Our motors are speced as high quality Oriental motors with 4.2A/phase with 1.6mH/phase winding inductance. Therefore the PSU voltage and motors are matched. Don't be seduced by cheaper motors with apparently high holding torque - the system must me matched to the application and to the PSU and drives.

We have no "stand alone control box" for the machine. If you look at the machine bed at the back where the Tslot bed ends all the control gear is neatly housed away out of site. The only wires coming out of the machine are the 230V AC in and the control connection. With that said we are also working on a stand alone option for retro fit solutions.

So the professional platform has the following specs

T slot aluminium machine table
All three axes are driven by ball screws
6,000mm/min feed rates
High power stepper motors
Accuracy repeatability down to as low as 0.02mmm
All control electronics fully installed
Machine wired for M03 and M05 AC on/off for spindle control
Latched on/off 24V DC safety for machine power management
Home switches on all three axes

Machine options: The following prices are for the machine commissioned in Hereford UK ready for off (No PC)- delivery carriage / personal delivery can be discussed. Our prices are based on what we see necessary for a successful CNC machine sale. The sale in itself in our opinion is only half the story. Total cost of ownership to the customer must be considered. We offer 12 months warranty on all Hardware and do our best to provide the best support we can to our customers. We also do our best to work with our customers so that the machine can carry out its required function - and is specified appropriately. We offer pre-sale demonstration of a body of work to demonstrate the functionality if requested.

JBEC604012 (600 x 400 x 125) - 4,250£
JBEC106512 (1000 x 650 x 125) - 5,150£
JBEC1259012 (1250 x 900 x 125)- 5,980£

I can post servo stepper prices if requested. We also offer a fully enclosed version currently available on the smaller 604012 machine. We can enclose the bigger machines and can discuss this further if requested.

Spindle options: We offer Kress and high speed spindle options. The price includes integration of the spindle system into the machine. i.e the machine is ready for spindle addition - plugin and go - M03 & M05

Kress 1080FME 150£
1.1kW High speed spindle option with inverter - full installed in the machine - 850£ (Comes with an ER20 compatible collet head)

We can supply Kress collets and ER20 collets/accessories if needed. If you would like to use your own spindle we can fabricate you a custom mount.

Control options: We can provide a refurbished PC with 12 months warranty in parallel to the machine if necessary. The machine can be run for 2D and some3D work on the LPT printer port connection and rapids as standard are set at up to 6,000mm/min. For full 3D machining we offer a USB upgrade. While I do not recommend it whatsoever - we have had the machine moving with rapids (single direction movement in either axis) of 15,000mm/min with the USB controller. We can demonstrate this if needed.

Mach 3 installation onto PC - 120£
Mach3 installation onto PC with USB upgrade installation combo - 220£ (150£ for installation 70£ for USB controller hardware)
Customers are responsible for their own license key for Mach3
Refurbished PC with all peripherals - 100-300£ model dependant.

We will install and commission on a customers PC if required and the performance in the LPT printer port mode is subject to the PC Hardware passing the Mach3 driver test

Maintenance While keeping the machine clean and free from swarf and potential hardware snags is essential for reliable operation - the machine is virtually maintenance free. The helical raceway inside the ballscrew drive mechanism can be lubricated using easily accessible grease nipples. There is adjustment options on the drives for long term wear. As of yet we have not had to do this on any of our installed platforms.

Due to an unexpected rapid growth in demand here in Ireland we have minimal stock available for out launch into the UK. We will have a JBEC604012 and JBEC106512 ready by early September. Leadtime on a machine order that is not in stock is 6-8 weeks.

We have put together the CNC package based on our own experience in CNC in recent years. The price to performance specs are such due to the clever design coupled with volume production of core sub assemblies in Germany. This coupled to our access to in house professional fabrication equipment enables us to provide and support such a machine and customise it appropriately.

I hope the detail are clear.

JAZZCNC
08-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi Rory,

So roughly £5500 for working Mid size machine with No PC or Spindle. . . .Thank you for a straight answer.

I wish you well with this machine and it's well thought out and put together. The only thing that concerns me is the linear bearings.?
At this money I would be expecting profiled linear rails, Looking at this machine it appears like it's using some Hybrid design.? Round rail in a machined housing.?
Because of all the shielding etc which is good thing, but does always make me wonder is it for the right reasons or just hiding something not so desirable.? we can't actually see the bearings/carriage and type or how the ride on the rails.!! . . . . Would it be possible to see this area please.?

Has you know and I know the linear rails are major part the machine and affect accuracy and quality of cut greatly so for this machine to stand the test of time the bearings/carriage design will need to be good. Even cheap bearings will last 12mth warranty period and for nearly 5K I'd be wanting and expecting maintenance free(other than lube) bearings for minimum 3-5yrs or better. So this would be an important and off putting if not decent quality design and bearings consideration for me.!!

Rest of machine looks Spot on thou. . :thumsup:

Oh Not keen on all electrics being housed in part of the main cutting frame, Shock vibration etc doesn't do most things any good. Then there's them pesky chips and coolant issues, esp if you plan on cutting aluminium which some will want to do, has even with air/mist coolant still collects and runs into cracks etc so hope it's well sealed.!

Please don't think I'm trying to pull machine down, I'm honestly not. I'm just doing my usual close looking and pointing out things less experienced potential customers won't see. If experienced folks like me don't speak up then we end up with likes of Strike CNC taking folks for thousands.

Cheers
Dean.

Edit: Ps. Would be nice to see pics of inside the Electrical housing so we can be sure there's no Ala Strike CNC booby trap surprises.!!

StoneyCNC
08-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi Rory,

So roughly £4500 for working Mid size machine with No PC or Spindle. . . .Thank you for a straight answer.

I wish you well with this machine and it's well thought out and put together. The only thing that concerns me is the linear bearings.?
At this money I would be expecting profiled linear rails, Looking at this machine it appears like it's using some Hybrid design.? Round rail in a machined housing.?
Because of all the shielding etc which is good thing, but does always make me wonder is it for the right reasons or just hiding something not so desirable.? we can't actually see the bearings/carriage and type or how the ride on the rails.!! . . . . Would it be possible to see this area please.?

Has you know and I know the linear rails are major part the machine and affect accuracy and quality of cut greatly so for this machine to stand the test of time the bearings/carriage design will need to be good. Even cheap bearings will last 12mth warranty period and for nearly 5K I'd be wanting and expecting maintenance free(other than lube) bearings for minimum 3-5yrs or better. So this would be an important and off putting if not decent quality design and bearings consideration for me.!!

Rest of machine looks Spot on thou. . :thumsup:

Oh Not keen on all electrics being housed in part of the main cutting frame, Shock vibration etc doesn't do most things any good. Then there's them pesky chips and coolant issues, esp if you plan on cutting aluminium which some will want to do, has even with air/mist coolant still collects and runs into cracks etc so hope it's well sealed.!

Please don't think I'm trying to pull machine down, I'm honestly not. I'm just doing my usual close looking and pointing out things less experienced potential customers won't see. If experienced folks like me don't speak up then we end up with likes of Strike CNC taking folks for thousands.

Cheers
Dean.

Edit: Ps. Would be nice to see pics of inside the Electrical housing so we can be sure there's no Ala Strike CNC booby trap surprises.!!

Dean - This is exactly the sort of involved feedback we are looking for and in our opinion it is very difficult to get people to think in this manner - thank you for taking the time to look over our system and highlight some very important considerations when looking at this type of router system. Typically with customers the price tag is king - but only half the story. And as you know only once you get to know the beast do you start to see the quirks.

I am not familiar with Strike CNC? What was the story there with their "booby trap"? haha sounds like fun times :) Every minute your "bought CNC machine" is "not machining for you" or at the very least "in a position to do so" it is lost value to the customer. When I bought my first router I spent more time making it better than using it!!! Our experience with other low cost router systems have shown up common pitfalls in machine design. With that said low cost machines do teach people CNC and are accessible at their price. The problem is customers do not fully understand the limitations of such systems at the point of sale and this has created issues with support warranties etc. It is for these reasons that we have chosen the presented platform.

And I'm 100% with you on the rail systems. The rail system is probably THE most important part of the entire machine design. Our ball screws are shoulder machined on both sides and sit fully supported at each end condition in the bearing housing. Therefore no load is transferred to the motor and there is no "rock" within the bearings in the frame. This design while generating excellent performance inherently challenges the gantry structure as the frame MUST be straight and 100% true to prevent lock up and jamming etc - this design demands flawless performance from the rail system. We have two ball-screws driving each gantry pillar on the main axis also. This is part of the reason we have such a stiff frame and supply a fully modular system. With the design there is no scope for misalignment of the gantry structure due to improper bench installation etc etc. However the trade off with the stiff heavy superstructure is that it does add to the cost but we feel its more than justified.

Our rail system is custom built in Germany - I won't go into specifics until I have pictures to support explanations - early next week at the latest.

The electronics are safely sealed away - all the cover panels are CNC cut and are sealed with sealant around the edges. The Tslot table end condition also provides a level of drip creep prevention from pesky coolant :) More details to come ASAP also there

We have had customers hammering 3D work in hardwood with no issues on full time production. The drive and PSU mount layout has heat-sink properties and there is also room for adding control boards if necessary for advanced machine variations.

We have a machine in a stage of assembly that that will suit to support the information you are after. I will be working on the machine on Monday and will take some sample pictures of the considerations you have highlighted. Is there anything else you would like to see while the opportunity is there?

Also - can you point me in the direction of a possible show/fair/expo where a stand would cross paths with the wider CNC community? We prefer potential customers seeing it in the flesh.

JAZZCNC
08-08-2013, 03:48 PM
I am not familiar with Strike CNC? What was the story there with their "booby trap"?

Check this out.! http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/mills-routers-lathes-commercial-machines/4155-strike-cnc-my-first-cnc-router-23.html

And I'm 100% with you on the rail systems. The rail system is probably THE most important part of the entire machine design. Our ball screws are shoulder machined on both sides and sit fully supported at each end condition in the bearing housing. Therefore no load is transferred to the motor and there is no "rock" within the bearings in the frame. This design while generating excellent performance inherently challenges the gantry structure as the frame MUST be straight and 100% true to prevent lock up and jamming etc - this design demands flawless performance from the rail system. We have two ball-screws driving each gantry pillar on the main axis also. This is part of the reason we have such a stiff frame and supply a fully modular system. With the design there is no scope for misalignment of the gantry structure due to improper bench installation etc etc. However the trade off with the stiff heavy superstructure is that it does add to the cost but we feel its more than justified.

Rory please save your fingers and lay off the sales patter a minute we know all this has it's standard stuff, or should be on any half decent quality CNC machine, just this below would have done.!. . . LOL

Our rail system is custom built in Germany - I won't go into specifics until I have pictures to support explanations - early next week at the latest.

The electronics are safely sealed away - all the cover panels are CNC cut and are sealed with sealant around the edges. The Tslot table end condition also provides a level of drip creep prevention from pesky coolant :) More details to come ASAP also there

We have had customers hammering 3D work in hardwood with no issues on full time production. The drive and PSU mount layout has heat-sink properties and there is also room for adding control boards if necessary for advanced machine variations.

Good on the sealing but this won't stop vibes killing or shaking lose electronic components long term.! . . How long has this machine been in production.?

We have a machine in a stage of assembly that that will suit to support the information you are after. I will be working on the machine on Monday and will take some sample pictures of the considerations you have highlighted. Is there anything else you would like to see while the opportunity is there?

Nope but look forward to seeing more of it's guts.!

Also - can you point me in the direction of a possible show/fair/expo where a stand would cross paths with the wider CNC community? We prefer potential customers seeing it in the flesh.

Nope other than likes of Model engineering shows etc but I've been to several shows and only seen 3 CNC based company's. One selling router's like yours and the other Laser cutters and then Arc euro trade with millers. Most gave up on shows in the end I think.? . . . Model engineers are mostly grumpy old dinosaur tight twat's like John S. .:hysterical:

Thanks for your time and open honesty it's rare quality these days from folks trying to make money from CNC.

mekanik
08-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Model engineers are mostly grumpy old dinosaur tight twat's like John S
I resemble that remark

JAZZCNC
08-08-2013, 07:44 PM
I resemble that remark

Me Too but I hide it well..!!

StoneyCNC
08-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Wow - shocking stuff re STRIKECNC! The worst part of all that is that CNC for me is fun and hugely rewarding and you can turn creativity into realism and that sort of bad press puts a sour taste in peoples mouth. You should not have to "modify a machine under warranty" the machine should work. I can't believe so many sales happened as they did... Really bad press for CNC and I'm very sad to hear as such... I do hope that my initial impression does not lead to any such equivalent opinions!

Rory please save your fingers and lay off the sales patter a minute we know all this has it's standard stuff, or should be on any half decent quality CNC machine, just this below would have done.!. . . LOL
Apologies for incessant typing :culpability: But we have seen machines come in with slap in the ballscrew housings that negates any of the advantages that the ballscrews can deliver in the first place. Sometimes you really have to wonder...?

Good on the sealing but this won't stop vibes killing or shaking lose electronic components long term.! . . How long has this machine been in production.?

This is an interesting point and one which I have some experience with through my time at University - my first comment is that self excited machine vibration / chatter is not good and causes havoc with the cutting results as well as with the machine and should be avoided like the plague at all costs - and chatter is down to the machine frame dynamics, the cutter and the tool path parameters.. However chatter aside - the level of vibration from a spindle during cutting especially is significant and as you know the vibration level is the square of the rotational speed which does not help our cause as CNCists.

Our machines come with rubber feet with height adjustment. The rubber feet dampen out the hummmmmm associated with a rotational vibration excitation being transmitted through (and in some cases amplified by) the machine structure into the table. For sure the hummm can then be transmitted back to the control bay and cause fatigue/terminal issues long term however the levels of vibration are relatively low in our case. The digital leadshine drives to my knowledge have midband resonance damping so the steppers run smooth and so do the drive systems - minimal vibration levels contributed there. The ER20 collets on the high speed spindles we use run very true with little run-out minimising the eccentric mass levels during rotation minimising vibration levels.

The control electronics are mounted onto a plate that is secured to the base of the box section frame on the opposite side of the machining table. Therefore there is the Tslot bed and the 80mm x 50mm frame bed acting as a mechanical filter between cutting and the control bay. Again with that said I could put an accelerometer on the machine and see what the actual acceleration levels generated are. The machine has been in production with us for almost two years with no issues to date. To memory the BOB is mounted on rubber standoffs and has a ribbon cable between the LPT output and the machine frame - I'll check it out. The leadshines are bolted to the Al plate - again I'll give more deets with pics early next week.

Long term I'm also a fan of the soldering Iron. Time yes - but worth it!!!

Nope other than likes of Model engineering shows etc but I've been to several shows and only seen 3 CNC based company's. One selling router's like yours and the other Laser cutters and then Arc euro trade with millers. Most gave up on shows in the end I think.? . . . Model engineers are mostly grumpy old dinosaur tight twat's like John S. .:hysterical:

Haha! a very honest response. may not be worth the effort in that case.. interesting

Thanks for your time and open honesty it's rare quality these days from folks trying to make money from CNC.
Many thanks for your positive words. I got into CNC as I love the freedom of being able to turn ideas into reality and was always frustrated at University as the machines were the technicians territory. There was a serious disconnect between the eejit doing the CAD drawings and the eeejit machining the bits..

We would like to contribute positively to this area as I feel there is a "make it movement" occurring. We need to start making things again and we can't make stuff - or even begin to makes stuff with CNC tools - if there are not affordable machines that can actually do some commercial work and get people into it.

John S
08-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Model engineers are mostly grumpy old dinosaur tight twat's like John S. .:hysterical:

Hey I resemble that remark.

Anyway less of the model, I work in 12" to the foot.

JAZZCNC
08-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Wow - shocking stuff re STRIKECNC! The worst part of all that is that CNC for me is fun and hugely rewarding and you can turn creativity into realism and that sort of bad press puts a sour taste in peoples mouth. You should not have to "modify a machine under warranty" the machine should work. I can't believe so many sales happened as they did... Really bad press for CNC and I'm very sad to hear as such... I do hope that my initial impression does not lead to any such equivalent opinions!

Yep a first class eeejit. Purely in it for profit not the mutual benefit of both party's.
He had every chance to put things right but failed miserably, he failed on every count.

To me any business person touting there machines on public forum like this need to be ready and prepared for folks like me.!!
I grew up in the Car trade and can smell and spot bullshit from thousand miles, my engineering background and experience in CNC also allows me to see threw smoke and mirrors and spot the things that matter or in his case fail massively.

You my friend are clearly NOT smelly or an illusionist and so far you have answered my questions perfectly satisfactory.!! . . Well Bit waffley but I'm ok with that. . Lol . . better to over explain than be vague thou just be careful not to over do it and start smelling like bull excrement.!!

Our machines come with rubber feet with height adjustment. The rubber feet dampen out the hummmmmm associated with a rotational vibration excitation being transmitted through (and in some cases amplified by) the machine structure into the table. For sure the hummm can then be transmitted back to the control bay and cause fatigue/terminal issues long term however the levels of vibration are relatively low in our case.

I see what your saying and while this may be fine for lighter work like cutting woods etc, which I'm getting the impression most of these machines have been marketed and sold to do I can tell you for sure that it will be a very different case if it starts cutting Aluminium at any usable depth.
I've made several steel framed machines which easily match and surpass the strength of your machine and I can tell you 100% that when rough cutting Ali at 3-4mm+ DOC with larger cutters (upto 12mm) it will transfer thru the frame.
This is where my experience with cutting mostly aluminium comes in and the electronics sat directly underneath the Bed and on the frame would concern me long term.!!

Look forward to seeing under the bonnet.!

Fivetide
09-08-2013, 08:07 AM
And then there’s rednecks like me who are far too old to start learning all this shit and just want a reliable machine that works out of the box and don’t cost the same a three bedroom semi. So I rely on people like Jazz to cut through the bull, bring the Spanish inquisition down upon potential sellers so I’m not spending hours crying into my milk about cowboys like StrikeCNC. And thus if you are able to pass his integrity check without any long term metal issues you will defiantly be on my list of potential new machines (if and when ) my new project makes any money.

dazza
09-08-2013, 11:42 AM

looking forward to seeing those stoney ,my first thoughts were theres skate type bearings hidden away in there.nice machines.

StoneyCNC
09-08-2013, 02:35 PM
looking forward to seeing those stoney ,my first thoughts were theres skate type bearings hidden away in there.nice machines.
haha - fair, the saying goes - its whats "not said" that can leave questions... gutted pictures of her with he clothes off and more explanations to come ASAP.

I see what your saying and while this may be fine for lighter work like cutting woods etc, which I'm getting the impression most of these machines have been marketed and sold to do I can tell you for sure that it will be a very different case if it starts cutting Aluminium at any usable depth.
I've made several steel framed machines which easily match and surpass the strength of your machine and I can tell you 100% that when rough cutting Ali at 3-4mm+ DOC with larger cutters (upto 12mm) it will transfer thru the frame.
This is where my experience with cutting mostly aluminium comes in and the electronics sat directly underneath the Bed and on the frame would concern me long term.!!

Look forward to seeing under the bonnet.!

12mm cutter up to 3-4mm DOC in ALI would indeed generate significant feed forces and vibrations and of course would make everything hum :untroubled: Until I have hard evidence of potential to show in HD I'm going to stay in my box for now :)

You my friend are clearly NOT smelly or an illusionist and so far you have answered my questions perfectly satisfactory.!! . . Well Bit waffley but I'm ok with that. . Lol . . better to over explain than be vague thou just be careful not to over do it and start smelling like bull excrement.!!

haha - be careful - my years of University were conducive to excessive waffle - I have a better gauge on the audience here now so I shall amend tone accordingly to get rid of any smelly stuff! Smelly stuff is not the goal here! - its great to knock heads with people who know what the story is :anonymous:

And then there’s rednecks like me who are far too old to start learning all this shit and just want a reliable machine that works out of the box and don’t cost the same a three bedroom semi. So I rely on people like Jazz to cut through the bull, bring the Spanish inquisition down upon potential sellers so I’m not spending hours crying into my milk about cowboys like StrikeCNC. And thus if you are able to pass his integrity check without any long term metal issues you will defiantly be on my list of potential new machines (if and when ) my new project makes any money.

haha great response :) Its great to get an integrity check by someone with such experience...! And a machine should work to claimed spec - end of.

John S
09-08-2013, 05:23 PM
So now you have your feet under the table do forum members get a 90% discount ?

Fivetide
09-08-2013, 05:44 PM
So now you have your feet under the table do forum members get a 90% discount ?

That’s an outrageous suggestion John , be realistic please .. 6 months trial to buy would be much more sensible!

StoneyCNC
09-08-2013, 06:24 PM
That’s an outrageous suggestion John , be realistic please .. 6 months trial to buy would be much more sensible!

Both of those are in the T's and C's in our business plan lads - read the small print :very_drunk:

GEOFFREY
09-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Please do not forget extra special discount for O A P's. G.

Clive S
09-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Is that how you become a Senior member ..Clive

StoneyCNC
09-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Please do not forget extra special discount for O A P's. G.

In addition to the 90% discount and 6 months trial period... Here - sure have a machine for free...

How did Strike ever make a sale ::playful:

JAZZCNC
09-08-2013, 11:46 PM
In addition to the 90% discount and 6 months trial period... Here - sure have a machine for free...

How did Strike ever make a sale ::playful:

He didn't after we were done with him. . :hysterical:

Now if you want official "JAZZ" certification then feel free to send me one FOC, I promise to test to destruction and give honest none biased account of how long it took. . .:joker:

StoneyCNC
09-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Now if you want official "JAZZ" certification then feel free to send me one FOC, I promise to test to destruction and give honest none biased account of how long it took. . .:joker:
dang but then you'll see that its actually 3D printed and painted blue ... Sounds like "JAZZ-CNC-bribery" to me...!

JAZZCNC
10-08-2013, 12:15 AM
dang but then you'll see that its actually 3D printed and painted blue ... Sounds like "JAZZ-CNC-bribery" to me...!

No not at all just blind cheek, . . . . Anyway think you should change it to match the new forum colours, just make sure you get other colours in thou because it will all change next week to some crappy shade because that's the "in-ting" all in the name of progress. . :dread:

John S
10-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Probably be Metalichrome Turd Brown or something............................

GEOFFREY
10-08-2013, 11:16 AM
That reminds me of the manufacturers colour scheme of our Vauxhall Cresta - Cavern Green over Shark Yellow - where did they get those names? MInd you we thought it looked pretty good back then. G.

StoneyCNC
15-08-2013, 06:59 PM
http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/6419-JBEC-router-system-UNDER-THE-BONNET

Further to the discussion here is a link to a fresh thread guys.