PDA

View Full Version : Broken transformer in Lenze Speed Control 530.

Samuel59
08-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Hi. I have problem with Lenze controller 530. Transformer has code: Lenze 348171 MS 2582.
I don't know what is secondary winding? Has anyone had this problem?

Mad Professor
08-08-2013, 09:29 PM
I did try to repair a Lenze 534 for Ricardoco, but even after replacing the failed Transformer plus a few extra passive components it still failed to work.

The post can be found here: Very Sick Lenze 534 Controller (http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/motor-drivers-controllers/4930-very-sick-lenze-534-controller.html)

Best Regards.

Pixels
22-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Hi crew, forum newbie here, but long time electron head from the thermionic days!
Just wanted to add to this [very useful] thread that I have a 533 board with exact same issue - blown MS2582a transformer.
It looks near identical to the 534 board as pictured in the thread that mad professor has linked to.

The primary center tap is not needed on the 230v controllers - it goes nowhere, so you have a choice of two transformers.

I've had a few of these little tr's blow up in various places over the years - always shorted turns in the primary - never anything else wrong.

Will be fitting this controller up with a new 0-15 0-15 transformer. Will update here soon.

Pixels
23-04-2014, 12:22 PM
So good news and bad news. I got cold feet over going straight to 15v, so bought a few trannys of different volts and started with 6 + 6 which was a no-go. 9 + 9 = no-go
Then at 12 + 12 and the controller would run the motor, but only for a moment.
I then tried the 15 + 15 and same result, the controller would only jog the motor.
No amount of twiddling IR or Imax made any difference, seems the current feedback circuit had a problem.
Bridging out the load resistors made no difference.

The bad news is obvious - couldn't get it to run properly, the good news is that a 15 + 15v transformer is probably correct.
Cheers