PDA

View Full Version : x&z not working

cncjohn
18-08-2013, 10:51 AM
hi all,im new to this forum and to cnc.i am building a cnc router ii have y axis working but cannot get x or z moving any help would be good thank you john

bikepete
18-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Giving a bit more info might be useful if you want sensible answers! Like what exactly is not working (e.g. do drivers power up? do motors hum?), what hardware and software you are using, wiring diagram, maybe a picture of the set-up. What you have already tried to fix it. Don't honestly see how anyone can help otherwise.

cncjohn
18-08-2013, 11:21 AM
sorry only new to this ive checked the all the pinouts on breakout board and there all right y axis moves both way but x and y dont im using mack3 software thank you

cncjohn
18-08-2013, 11:28 AM
hi yes all drivers are working, board is working, im running mach 3 software. the y axis is working in both ways but x and z have no movement thank you

irving2008
18-08-2013, 12:32 PM
when x and z axis enabled can you turn the motors/move the axis by hand? if not then motors are powered so problem is likely to be wiring bob -> drivers (unless integrated board, what bob/drivers do you have?)

if you can move it, problem is likely to be driver or motor wiring related. try x and z axis on y driver, do they move now? try y motor on x or z axis, does it move?

cncjohn
18-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah when power is on the motors are hard to turn I will go threw the wiring again I checked the pinout on mach3 and all seems right thank you