PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello from warwickshire

donkeyot
22-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Hello my name is Nick from the midlands joined a few weeks ago as I was initially looking for help in building a linear motion system for a 3 D scanning application, which I hope to use to help people who suffer from low back pain. I originally qualified as a Chiropractor in 1997, but am not currently practising and due to political and financial reasons will not return to use the Chiropractic title. However there are other plans afoot. So I have been involved with lathes and milling machines since the age of fifteen, always taking things apart and rebuilding/improving them. Designed a slide and twist machanism for a pool cue when I was fifteen worked okay, someone coppied it, but it never really took off though it did have a brief encounter with the snooker profession I believe. Anyhow water under the bridge. So been out of the technical side of cnc for a while and quite surprised with the progress and developments for cost these days. Nice to see there are still engineers and technicians out there who know what is going on. Looking to build a low cost linear track so decided to chop a tile cutter with some igus bearings, stainless studding, stepper motor, usb (bee) controller, and a coupler. Had to pass it on to my brother who can get access to machines, as I just can't get access to the equipment I need these days. Hopefully be able to source any other items here in the future, and keep abreast of new developments. Here's wishing you sucess with you projects and endevours for the future.

Nick White :D

Lee Roberts
22-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi donkeyot, welcome to MYCNCUK. Please take the time to view the FAQ section for answers to questions you may have, if your building a new machine be sure to start a new build log detailing your progress !