PDA

View Full Version : Collet adaptor 1/4" to 1/8" for standard router

progomez
22-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Anyone know where I can buy a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor as I want to use 1/8" endmill but my router, b&d kw800ek, only has 8mm, 6mm and 1/4".

thanks

templecorran
27-07-2009, 11:38 PM
I bought some from http://stewmac.com/ who ship to UK at reasonable cost. The collet adaptor is on page http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Special_tools_for:_Inlay/Adapter_Collet.html
Actually this is a different design to the ones I bought 2 year ago. These are better = they are balanced! Essential for 33000 RPM.

hth
John

Lee Roberts
12-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Just took the plunge so to speak :joker:

I need a collet for my standard Ferm router so i can use 3mm shank cutters, i'm not ready to payout for a Kress yet thats all. So i checked a few posts i new had been made on the forums and i'v managed to narrow down the cheapest company selling what i was looking for:

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/photoplog/images/2/medium/1_1233456789.jpg

TREND CLT/T3/3 COLLET 3MM T3
Goods: £4.64
Carriage - Band 1: £1.95
VAT (15%): £0.86
Order Total: £6.59

£1.95 for carriage ? :wave: yes please !

The next company in the list:
Total (exc VAT) £3.75
Delivery Charge (exc VAT) £3.03
Total VAT £1.02
Order Total £7.80

and then from the 3rd:
Goods: £4.55
Subtotal: £4.55
Standard Delivery Charge: £4.95
Heavy item surcharge: NONE (thank fook for that!)
Order Total: £9.50

So :yahoo: yea www.toolshopdirect.co.uk got my money !

£4.95 for a Standard Delivery Charge, WTF are you sending it in/via ?

I'll stick to a Pigeon Post service for all i care at £1.95. Hopfull i will get the collet in 2-3 days, i will let you know.

rwery
12-08-2009, 11:54 PM
when buying any collet ,you must know that each router in the market has a diferent collet system,so it's very important to ensure you identify the correct collet. I have a Kress router,and other than a ISEL router the collets for that are unique.
Trend do a range of collet adaptors. These are simply sleeves that convert a larger hole to a smaller one so you don't have to purchase a lot of collets.They fit into a existing collet say size 8mm and give the user a smaller size (say 6.35mm or 1/4 inch). As they are only sleeves they can be used with any router

For those Kress users I have come across a odd problem,and it's this.
Kress produce collets in sizes from 1 to 10 mm... BUT my router (a 530 model) has a collet chuck nutthat only has a 8.5 mm hole in it,so How can you fit any thing larger .!!!!! You Can't.

I have found that CNC_PLUS in germany can supply collets for most routers at a reasonable price...and only 20 Euro registered postage per parcel.

Robin WERY

Lee Roberts
21-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Yea like Robin said, i already did my home work and new what i was looking for.

My router is a FERM brand but its also the model just before Trend started to bring out the T3 model, they look identical and from what i can see they are one of the same just branded to Trend and not Ferm.

Anyway 2-3 days after i paid i got the nock from postman pat, the collet came retail packed in a jiffy.