PDA

View Full Version : eBay: a shortcut

kingcreaky
02-09-2013, 11:05 AM
just noticed this on the bay, seems like a good price for what it comes with and a pretty good start for somebody who wants to get into the scene

Isel CNC Router bed with Steppers and controller, Ideal MACH3 converison | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Isel-CNC-Router-bed-with-Steppers-and-controller-Ideal-MACH3-converison-/321199240497?pt=UK_BOI_Building_Materials_Supplies _Carpentry_Woodwork_ET&hash=item4ac8f77531)

im sure it would be fine for wood/plastic? if you sorted out the single screw action on the X..

anyway, was gonna buy it but got too much on... so il pass on this one incase anybody else is interested.

kingcreaky
02-09-2013, 11:06 AM
for the record, this is not my machine, has nothing to do with me, etc i just noticed it on ebay... appears its in the land of the north so you may be able to barter for some whippets / coal etc

GEOFFREY
02-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks for that Kc. I have just this minute bought it. I hope it turns out to be a bargain (like your big machine). Thanks again. G.

Fivetide
02-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks for that Kc. I have just this minute bought it. I hope it turns out to be a bargain (like your big machine). Thanks again. G.

That looks like an excellent buy Geoff let us know how it goes plz?

martin54
02-09-2013, 02:19 PM
What you doing Geoffrey????? Haven't you already got enough on your plate with your own machines & the one you bought not that long back lol

HankMcSpank
02-09-2013, 05:36 PM
wooah what a great deal - well done KC & geoffrey :-)

GEOFFREY
02-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Fivetide, I am collecting tomorrow and will let you all know how it goes. Martin, this looked like a good buy and is small enough to go in my garage, but has a much working area than than my Wessel (540x450). I had intended to restore/upgrade my two non-working machines, Pacer compact 800 plus (800x800) and the small dahlgren engraver (600x400 ish), but will now probably look to sell these. I may use the Pacer spindle (Perske 750w) on this Isel machine
if it turns out to be any good. That SCM 120 is now up and running and will hopefully soon start to earn its keep. G.

birchy
02-09-2013, 05:57 PM
I have just this minute bought it.
That can't be right...the auction has been ended early...and deals done outside of eBay are "illegal"... :joker:

GEOFFREY
02-09-2013, 06:17 PM
That can't be right...the auction has been ended early...and deals done outside of eBay are "illegal"... :joker:

No joker needed. This was a buy it now listing. G.

birchy
02-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Weird....when I view it, it says "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." which does not happen if the auction ended on time or B.I.N.

Not to worry, got yourself a decent project there.

martin54
03-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Fivetide, I am collecting tomorrow and will let you all know how it goes. Martin, this looked like a good buy and is small enough to go in my garage, but has a much working area than than my Wessel (540x450). I had intended to restore/upgrade my two non-working machines, Pacer compact 800 plus (800x800) and the small dahlgren engraver (600x400 ish), but will now probably look to sell these. I may use the Pacer spindle (Perske 750w) on this Isel machine
if it turns out to be any good. That SCM 120 is now up and running and will hopefully soon start to earn its keep. G.

Are for some reason I thought the pacer was running meaning you already had 2 working machines at home. No don't use the Perske on it, air cooled & noisy far better off with a water cooled spindle especially as with a bigger bed size it might well be running more hours continuously.

robump
03-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Dam it... Missed out again! Great buy... Will have to continue the hunt.