PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello all.

Bob_series1
24-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi,

My name is Bob and I work as a software tester. Live and work in Sheffield and I am looking into building a cnc machine for a hobby. So far I have been reading this forum to research what is need or to be more accurate what I can achieve on the budget I have.

Looking to start small, with a desktop machine with a workable area about 400mm*400mm for engraving and soft wood work.

In the long run, I would like to build a machine that could mill a gun stock for my air rifle.

I do not want to buy the frame as a kit, that part I want to build myself, but I was going to get the stepper motors, controller etc.. as a kit deal from somewhere like www.diycnc.co.uk (http://www.diycnc.co.uk/)

The only thing I can not decide on is the screws etc that I will be using, but I will create another thread about that in the correct forum area.

Well there you go, looking forward to getting start and taking pics of the build and gaining knowledge along the way.

Bob

Lee Roberts
24-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi Bob_series1, welcome to MYCNCUK. Please take the time to view the FAQ section for answers to questions you may have, if your building a new machine be sure to start a new build log detailing your progress !

Bob_series1
25-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Thank you, I have read the FAQ and there is lots of good information on this forum. Looking forward to getting started.