PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Greetings from the South Coast

furnace
27-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Morning all!

Just found this forum and it looks like a good place to get involved.

I'm an Industrial Designer based in Hove in East Sussex. To help make prototypes and various bits and pieces, I got a Heiz High Z T-1000 a few months ago, and I'm now using RhinoCam for all the programming duties.

Will get round to posting some pics, but have done a few sign writing jobs, some prototyping in plywood and delrin, and am currently cutting a large robot head out of polystyrene for a mate's upcoming printwork exhibition...

If anyone wants any info on the Heiz machine, RhinoCAM or anythings else, fire away (bearing in mind I've only had the machine a few months!).

All the best,

Owen

Lee Roberts
27-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi furnace, welcome to MYCNCUK. Please take the time to view the FAQ section for answers to questions you may have, if your building a new machine be sure to start a new build log detailing your progress !

Robin Hewitt
27-03-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm an Industrial Designer based in Hove in East Sussex.

Hi Owen

Just along the road from me, I'm in Seaford (or Seafood if you use Microsoft spell checker). Most of this lot are oop north, other side of London :beer:

Robin

furnace
27-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi Robin,

Good to know there's a local contingent!

Owen

cjohnh
27-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi,
I am also looking at buying a Heiz 1000 - probably the S version. I would appreciate some feedback from you, as you seem to be doing pretty much what I have in mind, and in the same materials.
Why did you choose Rhino Cam over the Vectric software ?
Thanks.