PDA

View Full Version : I NeeD HeLp PLease AM882 a good choise

jpsicilia
10-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Hello guys, my name is Juan Pablo from Argentina, I am building my first Cnc and I need help deciding the electronic components for the CNC. I can spend about 600 dollars in my proyect (shipping included) and I am trying to choose wisely what to buy. I was researching because I do not know much about electronics. So let me ask you a couple of questions: first, is the Am882 driver good? Is it difficult to make it work? Because I have read on this webpage that there have been problems with its installation. I am planning to use them with a nema 34 1200oz or a 1600oz I really need help because I don“t know which power supplies and breakout board I should buy if the c10 works fine with these drivers or if I have to buy another. Well guys thank you! I really appreciate if you could help me with this! THANKS

These are the products I can get in my country:

3PCS CNC NEMA34 Stepper Motor 1232OZ-IN,6A,118mm,4leads 257uss
3 pcs am880 180uss
1pcs 6 axis cnc breakout board DB25/ interface board adapter milling engrave c10 18uss
Power supply :
350w 36v 10a 38uss
350w 60v 5,9a 41 uss
400w 48v 8,3a 44uss
420w 60v 7a 59uss

JAZZCNC
11-10-2013, 02:08 AM
Hello Juan and welcome.

First the Am882 drives are excellent drives and easy to setup. Most people having troubles has been because of user error and nothing to do with drives being complicated or faulty. In there basic setup they work just like any other drive with simple Dip switches for selecting appropriate motor settings and Micro stepping. Where they shine above other is the fact you can fine tune them to match and get the best performance from your system if needed or desired by using the tuning software.

BUT.!! . . I think your making a mistake often made by going for Big Nema 34 motors.? Bigger is often not better in CNC and it's important you match motors to machine. . . . . So what machine are you building or converting.?

Problem with Nema 34 motors is they need high voltage to get best performance and your proposed largest 60V supply will be far to small and really the AM882 drives Max 80V would be the lowest you'd want to run at and really I'd recommend getting high powered drives like these 2M2280N Digital microstepping driver (http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/en/digital-stepper-drivers/318-2m2280n.html) to get the best from those motors.

Unless your building very large heavy router or converting a large milling machine you probably won't want those motors.?
Give more information on what your planning and we can help guide you to what will work best. Give details like linear rail type and drive system IE Ballscrews or Rack & pinion etc.

jpsicilia
11-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Jazz, first of all I would like to thank you for your help, I really appreciate it because I have not received any help from these forums and I do not know how to get started. I have decided some things but before buying any products I would like to be certain so as not to regret it later.
I need a CNC to produce aluminum moulds and be able to produce products with less hard material such as poliacetal or mdf. I am an Industrial Designer and I work with software such as Solid Works and Rhino which help me to verify movements and assembly. I know a little about dimensioning structures but I do not know anything about electronics. I am trying to use the tools I have and reading a lot to be able to build the CNC.
You asked me about the measures of the CNC, and I believe that with the axis X 1m, axis Y 1m, axis Z 0.3m I will be able to manufacture the pieces I need.
I did a 3D model to verify the dimensions of the metallic frame, I will attach some pictures so that you can give me your opinion, because I have problems starting with the linear movements and the electronic, but regarding your observations I will be able to change them.

Axis X :
HIWIN Brand linear guide rail 2PCS HGR20-L1000mm+4PCS HGH20CA HGR Series Narrow Carriages ZH075 - 337 uSs
RM2005 Ballscrews L1150mm with ballnut with end machining+1set BK15/BF15+coupler - uss 164

Axis Y:
2pcs SBR20 -L 1000 mm Linear shaft Support + 4pcs SBR20UUBearing Blocks - uss 179
1antibacklash ballscrew RM1605-1020mm+BK/BF12+coupler - uss 149

Axis Z:
2pcs SBR20-L300mm Linear Bearing Rails + 4pcs SBR20UU SY1860 -uss 69
1pcs antibacklash ball screw 1605 -L300mm-C7+BK/BF12 + 2pcs 6.35*10mm couplers - uss 83

Electronic:
As regard Electronics, I have read that the nema 34 has a good torque that I why I thought of using them, but I am not sure if they are appropriate for what I have in mind. There are several kits advertised on ebay for example this one:
Electronic kit on ebay:
3 PCS Nema 34 Stepper Motor with 1090oz-in (7.7N.m) holding torque,5.6A current,99mm motor body length,
3 PCS Stepper Motor Driver DQ860MA,24-80VDC,7.8A Peak Current, 256Micostep replacing MD882,
3 PCS 350W, 60VDC,5.9A Power Supply.
1 PC Breakout Board & 1 Parallel Cable
Uss 480.

Jazz thanks again for everything and I hope to be able to assemble the Cnc and learn something about electronics with your help!

jpsicilia
12-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Here are some old frame renders

JAZZCNC
12-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Pleased to help you Juan,

Let me say from the beginning that your requirements to cut multiple materials causes conflicts with design and component selections.
To cut aluminium correctly with accuracy and still give quality of finish required for moulds requires a very different design and components compared to a machine designed for wood and softer materials. Now It is possible to build such a machine to cut all materials but you have to realise it will only ever be average at all of them.!! . . . . It will also require certain design features to successfully achieve this. IE Adjustable Bed.

The problem comes from the fact Aluminium requires a very very stiff machine with shortest possible tool and Z axis extension to reduce chatter and give best finish quality. The resolution required, esp for detailed work like moulds is high. Also feed rates are relatively slow along with spindle speeds. On top of this to give best tool life and finish quality coolant is required.

Now softer materials like wood don't require high resolution but they do require high feed rates. This causes component conflict number one.! Ballscrew pitch Selection.?
High resolution requires fine pitch so 5mm or less ballscrews but this fine pitch makes achieving high feed rates required for correctly cutting wood difficult. To achieve feed rates needed for woods/plastics etc requires ballscrews with larger pitch 10mm or more but this reduces resolution required for Aluminium.!!
Now this is also where stepper selection plays a big part and why new CNC builders often fall victim to "Bigger is better" .? Larger Nema 34 size steppers spin much slower than smaller nema 23/24 and this lowers feed rates even further.

Now you have selected the Worst combination for Cutting softer materials.? Having 5mm pitch and larger Nema34 motors will mean you won't be able to achieve feed rates for cutting woods and plastics correctly. This will mean poor finish and poor tool life.

To cut aluminium doesn't require massive torque and the smaller Nema 23 motors easily handle it. They spin much faster and cost less, they don't require expensive high voltage drives.

Now thru experience I know the best combination for cutting both types of materials at the size of machine you require is 16mm Dia 10mm pitch ballscrews connected with timing belts and pulleys to 3.1Nm Nema23 motors running between 65-70Vdc using 80V drives.

To get round the higher pitch screws lower resolution causing problems when higher resolution is required is simple.? just change the ratio of the pulleys. Changing to 2:1 form 1:1 doubles the resolution and doubles the torque but half's the speed, Remember we don't need speed for Aluminium so this is no problem and gives best of both worlds.
In reality you will find you rarely need to change ratios has 10mm pitch will be fine for most aluminium jobs except when really high detail is required.
But with this combination you have the option.! You also have the option to go other way with 1:2 ratio and cut even faster if required or any in between ratio that may suit your requirements.
Also on top of this using timing belts has the added benefit of eliminating the negative affect resonance from machine has on the motors.

Regards the Frame design to allow best possible compromise for hard and soft materials then you need high sided with gantry sat direct on rails design along with adjustable bed. Look around the Forum and you will see both Jonathan and Me posting designs using this design.

I'd also look towards using profiled linear rails on all Axis has they are much much better than SBR rails and will handle cutting Aluminium much better and last far longer.
Hope this helps and forget the Nema 34 motors they are wrong for your needs.

JAZZCNC
12-10-2013, 01:26 AM
Here are some old frame renders

Hope this is just initial draft because You will need many more supports and bracing adding before this design is usable.
Also it's too wide for a central ballscrew and you will never successfully cut aluminium, or wood for that matter with this design. ABSOLUTELY must have TWIN ballscrews.!!

jpsicilia
16-10-2013, 05:20 AM
How are you Jass? You are amazing! You have clarified many doubts for me. I hadn“t considered the pitch before and the quality it brings. As you said, it is true that we think that the bigger the engine the better. It is very interesting your idea of changing the ratio of the pulleys to get more resolution or speed and considering the torque. With all the information you gave me I have decided to restart my project. I will remodel these aspects with the solidwork software and I will most probably ask you some questions if you do not mind. Thanks a lot!!

jpsicilia
03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Hello again! As I have told you before I have started with my CNC project from zero thanks to the tips you have given me. I thought of making a bigger CNC, use it to mill wood, plastic and aluminum, and later I want to buy a small mill and change it so that I can build mould in aluminum and if possible metal.
This time I am bothering you because this week I am going to buy the components from China and I want to make sure that I am buying them correctly, and I imagine this happens to all of us when we build a CNC for the first time. I have a couple of questions regarding the hgr15 for the x axis, maybe they will work or will I need a hgr20?
This is what I have thought for the CNC:
Axis X
2pcs RM1610-1500mm Full length 10 pitch with ballnuts and end machined.98 usd
2pcs HGR15 -L1500mm Linear Motion Guide Rail with 4pcs HGH15 Narrow linear carriages 200usd
Axis Y
1pcs RM1610-1200mm Full length 10 pitch with ballnut and end machined.45 usd
2pcs HGR15 L1200mm Linear Motion Guideway with 4pcs HGH15 Narrow linear carriages 176 usd
Axiz Z
1pcs RM1605-350mm Full length 5 pitch with ballnut and end machined. 26 usd
2pcs HGR15 L=350mm rail with 4pcs (HGH15 Narrow linear carriages)108 usd

Motors
5PCS Nema 23 stepper motor 425oz-in,3A,2ph,1.8° CNC Engrave 241uss
Timming Belts?
Witch timing belts and pulleys do you recommend?
Drivers and supply power?
I have the same problem as before, I believe that you can help me with this. I have researched on these products, what do you think? Is it an analogic driver convenient or a digital one?
1pcs 6 axis cnc breakout board DB25/ interface board adapter milling engrave c10 18uss
DM542A
Mt880.
Same pictures of the cnc frame

Jonathan
03-11-2013, 10:34 PM
I have a couple of questions regarding the hgr15 for the x axis, maybe they will work or will I need a hgr20?

Either is plenty stiff enough. Sometimes people go for the 20mm rails just to make it easier to to make the parts they mount to with minimal machining. You need to draw it and work out which is best before buying them.

Motors
5PCS Nema 23 stepper motor 425oz-in,3A,2ph,1.8° CNC Engrave 241uss

Don't get those. They're 3A/phase which means they're the higher inductance motors. You want motors with lower inductance to get more torque at higher speeds - just search this on the forum and you'll find more detailed explanations. Last time I checked, these (http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=65) were the best value.

Timming Belts?
Witch timing belts and pulleys do you recommend?

HTD 5m (i.e. 5mm pitch) and 15mm belt width. Don't get bigger pulleys than you need to as it'll adversely affect the acceleration. You can get them from Bearing Station, belting online or aliexpress.

Drivers and supply power?
I have the same problem as before, I believe that you can help me with this. I have researched on these products, what do you think? Is it an analogic driver convenient or a digital one?

The 'digital' ones should be better than the 'analogue' ones, but it's a bit of a misnomer as they're all digital to an extent. Drivers like the AM882 use better algorithms (e.g. field oriented control) to get slightly higher torque from the motors and detect stalling, among other things. However once you've tuned the system properly it wont stall, so if you can get enough torque with a cheaper driver (e.g. DQ860MA) I see no reason to get the better ones.

JAZZCNC
03-11-2013, 11:35 PM
I see no reason to get the better ones.

I see a reason.!!!!. . . . They are better.!! . . . and the price difference is not enough to justify not taking advantage of there more advanced features like better resonance handling and stall detect. Has you well now there are other things beside incorrect tuning which can stall motors and on dual screw machine having the ability to alert and E-stop the machine is worth the slight extra cost IMO.

Oh and from the few times I've used the DQ869MA the AM882 give much smoother performance from the motors at lower feeds.!!

EddyCurrent
04-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Juan,
Have a read on this thread about the frame design.

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/router-build-logs/6674-stell-frame-cnc-1500x1000-adjustable-table-your-opinion-please-3.html

Jonathan
04-11-2013, 01:09 PM
I see a reason.!!!!. . . . They are better.!! . . . and the price difference is not enough to justify not taking advantage of there more advanced features like better resonance handling and stall detect.

Just because something that it better is available doesn't mean you need something better. The machine will run perfectly well with DQ860MA drivers.
The cheapest AM882 drivers on aliexpress are currently £56.18 (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-SHIPPING-Leadshine-AM882-Stepper-Drive-Stepping-Motor-Driver-80V-8-2A-with-Sensorless-Detection/1446680984.html) each, versus £37.65 (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Stepper-Motoe-Driver-DQ860MA-80VDC-7-8A-256-replacing-MD882-Laser-Mill/560903752.html) for the DQ860MA. In my opinion it's not worth the extra £18.26 when the machine will be fast enough with either.
If concerned about stalling, then by all means get two AM882 drivers for the X-axis, but save £36.50 and get cheaper ones for Y and Z.

JAZZCNC
04-11-2013, 06:51 PM
In my opinion it's not worth the extra £18.26 when the machine will be fast enough with either.
If concerned about stalling, then by all means get two AM882 drivers for the X-axis, but save £36.50 and get cheaper ones for Y and Z.

Nope sorry don't agree at all.!! . . . . Told you before It's not all about speed and the Am882 are so much smoother it's worth paying £18 just for that IMO without all the other advanced features. Why have a lesser machine when for just few quid more it can be all it can be.?

EddyCurrent
04-11-2013, 07:11 PM
@Jonathan, I agree there is no need to buy more than you require and I'm not an expert on all the different drivers but for £36 I'm not taking any chances. I once read somewhere a long time ago about a bloke buying power tools, he said he found it always paid to select the model you could afford then buy the next model up.

jpsicilia
04-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Thanks for help me guys, really.
I bought the screws today, one less thing. Jonathan I can only buy in aliexpress and eBay, I could not find the nema23 you recommended, I have looked similar but I dont know what I need to look about the inductance, could you tell me what models I shoud look.
And about the Linear Motion they offer me a similar exchangeable for u$s 622 usd instead of the hgr15 for 850 uss, what do you think? should buy it or go for hgr15?

Jonathan
04-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I bought the screws today, one less thing. Jonathan I can only buy in aliexpress and eBay
Then you're basically stuck if you want them for a reasonable price. Will CNC4YOU not ship to your country? If not, then you need to find 3Nm (425oz-in) motors with 3.2mH phase inductance. They generally have 4.2A current rating.

And about the Linear Motion they offer me a similar exchangeable for u$s 622 usd instead of the hgr15 for 850 uss, what do you think? should buy it or go for hgr15?

It sounds like they're offering you a different brand of rail, e.g. LG or TBI, which is probably fine. Not many people here have bought them yet, so it's hard to compare the quality and even then the differences are likely to be so small it's hard to quantify. The TBI brand rails I got from aliexpress seem fine, so next time I need some I doubt I'll get Hiwin.

JAZZCNC
05-11-2013, 12:24 AM
It sounds like they're offering you a different brand of rail, e.g. LG or TBI, which is probably fine. Not many people here have bought them yet, so it's hard to compare the quality and even then the differences are likely to be so small it's hard to quantify. The TBI brand rails I got from aliexpress seem fine, so next time I need some I doubt I'll get Hiwin.

I've had several sets of TBI linear rails now and they have been fine and while not quite smooth has Hi-win they are still more than good enough and lot cheaper. I've been using SBC Linear rails n.mnow for years and they have been good never given me any trouble, I run them on my own machine and have punished them quite a bit so know they can stand hard life but the TBI feel and work just has good so I've no reason to doubt they will be just has good.!

Chai is now selling them for those that don't know.!!

jpsicilia
05-11-2013, 02:51 AM
I bought the rails to linearmotionbearings2008 in ebay usa from a person call Chai ,linearmotionbearings2008 on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/usr/linearmotionbearings2008) , I believe its the same guy. He offer the linear rails.

jpsicilia
05-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Hello again, Jonathan I send a mail to CNC4YOU to ask if they can ship to Argentina, anyway I was looking for the NEMA23 you mentioned and found this model Power Motor! Wantai Nema23 Stepper Motor WT57STH115 4204A 428oz in 4.2A Medical Automation Imaging Printing-in Stepper Motor from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Germany-Free-CNC-Wantai-4-Axis-Nema-23-Stepper-Motor-WT57STH4204A-428oz-in-Driver-DQ542MA-4/745087780.html) I think its correct but I want to be sure, and I also found this offer http://www.ebay.com/itm/Germany-Ship-Free-Ship-4Axis-Nema23-Wantai-stepper-motor-425oz-in-4-2A-CNC-Mill-/130836568127?pt=Motoren_Getriebe&hash=item1e7677983f ,I dont know if DQ542MA drivers work for me or I shoud go for MT880 for the x axis and combine it with other cheaper for the other axes? Really Its easy buy all together but as I sed before I dont now anithing about electronic. Thanks for your time and advice.

Jonathan
05-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Hello again, Jonathan I send a mail to CNC4YOU to ask if they can ship to Argentina, anyway I was looking for the NEMA23 you mentioned and found this model Power Motor! Wantai Nema23 Stepper Motor WT57STH115 4204A 428oz in 4.2A Medical Automation Imaging Printing-in Stepper Motor from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Germany-Free-CNC-Wantai-4-Axis-Nema-23-Stepper-Motor-WT57STH4204A-428oz-in-Driver-DQ542MA-4/745087780.html) I think its correct but I want to be sure

The inductance is marginally worse than the CNC4YOU (and Zapp) motors, but you're unlikely to notice much difference assuming they do actually meet the specifications. I measured the inductance of some of the motors I got from CNC4YOU and it was within tolerance.

, and I also found this offer 怐Germany SHIP Free SHIP怑4Axis Nema23 Wantai Stepper Motor 425oz in 4 2A CNC Mill | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Germany-Ship-Free-Ship-4Axis-Nema23-Wantai-stepper-motor-425oz-in-4-2A-CNC-Mill-/130836568127?pt=Motoren_Getriebe&hash=item1e7677983f),I dont know if DQ542MA drivers work for me

Definately don't buy those drivers. They're only rated for 50V, so they've used 36V power supplies which is far too low. As you increase the speed required from a stepper motor, the supply voltage must be increased to maintain a high torque output. It's therefore best to run the motors you've chosen (or the CNC4You / Zapp ones) at around 70V. You therefore need to pick drivers which are rated for 80V - e.g. DQ860MA, AM882 and no doubt others which are available from Aliexpress.

shoud go for MT880 for the x axis and combine it with other cheaper for the other axes? Really Its easy buy all together but as I sed before I dont now anithing about electronic.

Up to you, so long as they're rated for 80V.

jpsicilia
06-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Hello Jonathan, is there any power supply do you recommended? Jazz told me to buy this [URL="http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/en/digital-stepper-drivers/318-2m2280n.html"] but I have the same problem( I can only buy on aliexpress and ebay) maybe you can recommend another power supply so I can find it, I dont now if I need one or more than one. Thanks,you have been of great help.

JAZZCNC
06-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Hello Jonathan, is there any power supply do you recommended? Jazz told me to buy this [URL="http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/en/digital-stepper-drivers/318-2m2280n.html"] but I have the same problem( I can only buy on aliexpress and ebay) maybe you can recommend another power supply so I can find it, I dont now if I need one or more than one.

Juan, I would have only told you to buy that PSU if you didn't want to build your own. My first choice and advice I'd usually give first is to build your own has it's cheaper and can be tailored to suit your exact needs.
One of the problems with most Off the shelf PSU's is they all seem to fall short of the ideal requirements either on Volts or Amps so you end up buying 2 which makes it expensive and more room required in control box. So given your location then I would think it would be easier for you to locally source the parts to build one than trying to source ready built PSU to suit your needs.

jpsicilia
06-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks Jazz, I'll wait until buying the nema and drivers, and if you help me I think I can make the power supply. I have the tools, digital tester and welder to be able to do it. I“ll keep you posted. Thanks for everything!

jpsicilia
30-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Hello guys I recieved all the goods from china for the cnc

Axis X
2pcs RM1610-1500mm Full length 10 pitch
2pcs HGR15 -L1500mm
2 AM882

Axis Y
1pcs RM1610-1200mm Full length 10 pitch
2pcs HGR15 L1200mm
1 AM882

Axiz Z
1pcs RM1605-350mm Full length 5 pitch
2pcs HGR15 L=350mm
1 DQ860MA

Motors
5PCS Nema 23 stepper motor 425oz-in,3A,2ph,1.8°

Breakout board
1pcs 6 axis cnc DB25/ interface board adapter milling engrave c10

I want to thank you for your help, thanks to you I could select the components. I would like to know if you could give me some advice regarding the spindle selleccion. I have a 2050W router and do not know if I should use this or if it is better to buy a water cooled spindle or any other,since I don“t know if the power that I need 2.2 kw or 3 kw is suitable for milling materials I will use.

On the other hand, I want to ask JazzCNC for help to build the power supply appropriate for this equipment,and to help me decide on the components I should buy to make it. And finally I would like to know what I have to do with the components, what procedures I need to follow.

jpsicilia
30-01-2014, 07:44 PM

jpsicilia
21-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Hello guys I recieved all my stuffs from china,I want to build the psu suit for my needs. Can you give me an advice to buid it please.
I have Axis X=2 AM882,Axis Y=1 AM882,Axiz Z=1 DQ860MA,four Axiz=1 DQ860MA,Motors 4PCS Nema 23 stepper motor 425oz-in,3A,2ph,1.8°. Thanks for everything!

JAZZCNC
21-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Hello guys I recieved all my stuffs from china,I want to build the psu suit for my needs. Can you give me an advice to buid it please.
I have Axis X=2 AM882,Axis Y=1 AM882,Axiz Z=1 DQ860MA,four Axiz=1 DQ860MA,Motors 4PCS Nema 23 stepper motor 425oz-in,3A,2ph,1.8°. Thanks for everything!

Contact me thru PM with your email address and I'll help you with PSU but won't do it over the forum as it can be miss understood by others and potentialy dangerous and damaging if done wrong or misunderstood.! . . . . . . Others may offer over the forum but I'm not prepared to do that.!

Also At the moment looks like you plan to use AM882 for X & Y with DQ860 for Z & A but you have bit of a mixed up setup there mixing digital drives with Analog drives and if Slaving A axis with another(X) to form twin motor axis then you would be much better using same drives on each.! The AM882 would be best for this because they have stall detect and fault signal.

Another thing is the motors.! Which motors are they and do you have a data sheet or model number.? Becasue you quote 425oz rather than Nm I suspect these are the high impedance motors often found cheap on ebay.? If so be aware you will get much lower performance from them for the same amount of Voltage compared to same power motors with lower impedance. This will affect the feeds you'll achieve and lower the amount of torque available higher up the speed curve.!

Jonathan
21-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Another thing is the motors.! Which motors are they and do you have a data sheet or model number.? Becasue you quote 425oz rather than Nm I suspect these are the high impedance motors often found cheap on ebay.?

Yes they are high inductance - the lower phase current (3A) is the giveaway.

jpsicilia
22-05-2014, 12:49 AM
Then you're basically stuck if you want them for a reasonable price. Will CNC4YOU not ship to your country? If not, then you need to find 3Nm (425oz-in) motors with 3.2mH phase inductance. They generally have 4.2A current rating.

Hello guys I try to follow your advice in all the buys. I bought this models, wt57sth115-4204a, 124141241512416 and I find this on internet 1241712418.
I ask for low inductance as Jonathan told me. Ibought this in October 2013 and after 1 month of travel and the rest of the time in ARGENTINA CUSTOM y recived this. Some times I want to leave this country!! But my family is here.
Thank guys I really apreciate your time.

JAZZCNC
22-05-2014, 01:07 AM
I ask for low inductance as Jonathan told me.

Great good to see you took Jons good advise. Those motors while still a little higher than some motors of same power are still have low enough impedance not to be restrictive.

I got your PM and tomorrow will be intouch.

jpsicilia
24-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Ok I dindt buy stop movements and other stuff, please give me the shopping list with all the things yo think ill need, Thanks

jpsicilia
12-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Good morning people, I write because I need to wire my pc box, and I bought most of the components and the truth that electronics do not understand, so I read and researched everything I could but there are so many ways of how to do things that I finished more confused than before. So if anyone can give me a hand with their expertise to connect this equipment will be appreciated.
I want to connect 2 controllers AM882 in AXIS Xone in and AXIS Y, then both controllers DQ860MA one for Z AXIS A other for AXIS A in the future.
I'll post the photos to see how it turned the cabinet and show diagrams to see if the method is correct I'm thinking of connecting everything.

Transformer 700VA ,15 amp
1301713018wired like this image
Bob is DB25 1205
motors wt57sth115-4204a

pc box
Can I make a similar wiring?

The shielded cable I could only find a 2x0,75mm and a 3x1mm, because the one you recommended is not available in my country, and in this moment we Argentinians cannot import any products. If the 2x0,75mm and a 3x1mm cables are not useful, do you think it is possible to buy regular wire sizes 1.5mm/2 and put it inside the cable box and wrap it around with kitchen aluminum foil?

The E-stop and relays I want your advise on how many ampers do I need for the E-stop key and what kind of relays do I need to regulate voltage?

Limit switch: Does the proximity switch work better than the limit switch? If yes, which one do you recommend me to buy. If they work similarly, which limit switch do you recommend?

Well thanks for your time guys, my native language is spanish so I do my best.

JAZZCNC
12-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Juan I got your PM and email so will reply with answers and circuit diagram to your questions in next few days.

Clive S
12-08-2014, 08:54 AM
I will answer some of it to get you going. First the power supply looks ok from the picture but the output cable (66V) cable would need to be a bit bigger than it looks on the picture at least to 1.5mm. Also take a separate pair of cables to each driver as it shows in the Probotix drawing (not like the other drawing).
The shielded cable which you were probably advised should be CY 4 core. if you can't get that and you are saying you can get 3x1mm screened then I would run 2 of those side by side and just use 4 cores but connect the screens together at one end (driver end). All screens should be connected at one point only (star point) and that point connect to ground.
There is very little current in the limits and estop circuits (less than 0.5A). There would be less wiring with ordinary limits switches.
I would concentrate on getting just one driver and motor running on the bench first then duplicating what you have done with the others . ie get the motor running without any limits or estop first. Then add thing one at a time.

I am sure others will chip in and explain better than me. Hope all this helps and good luck. .. Clive

Ahh I see one of the master's is on the case :beaten:

jpsicilia
16-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Juan I got your PM and email so will reply with answers and circuit diagram to your questions in next few days.

Dean you are the best!!!! y read le mail yesterday, and today I bought the material, THANKS FOR ALL!! I coudnt doit with your HELP!