PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: CNC drilling/tapping

Wal
15-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi,

I have 5, 20mm EcoCast alu plates that need precise drilling (I can tap 'em manually myself later on, so that part's not essential).

Attached is a .pdf to give you an idea of what'll need doing (I can supply something more technical for the final templates).

The plates will all be slightly different. Largest plate will be 500x300mm.

Ideally I'd like to be able to drop the plates off with you (somewhere in the North West), maybe even watch you do the job and learn something (heh, if that isn't too much of a pain in the arse...) pay you, go home and build.

Anyone fancy it?

Wal.

Wal
17-11-2013, 06:34 PM
As a follow-up I'm attaching a .zip which contains the 5 drill templates (in .pdf/.dwg/.dxf formats) that I'm looking to get done. (.dxf/.dwg 1unit = 1mm)

All of the holes are through holes - most will remain as clearance holes, others (ie. the 4.2mm) are pilot holes that I'll tap myself.

Double circles designate a countersink for socket-cap bolt, where the outer circle is dotted, the countersink is at the rear of the plate.

Just to be clear - I'm not after a freebie/discount job here. I want it doing properly and will pay you for your time and trouble.

Ta!

Wal.

Jonathan
17-11-2013, 07:13 PM
If these are for a Z/Y axis then it may be worth milling reference edges on to them to aid alignment. Do you need the plates milling to size or are they already cut to size? If it's the latter and you don't need any milling then it's a very easy job.