PDA

View Full Version : Touch Probe Project

Washout
19-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi All,

I've been spending far too much time messing about with alignment and zeroing on two sided parts recently, so have decided to look into a probing tool to speed things up, especially as the 2010 Mach3 Screenset comes with a neat wizard for edge finding, block alignment etc..

Having had a look around I can either see probes costing ~£100 up to silly money and also have had a look at a number of CNC threads regarding making them, but no decent diagrams etc.

So, I decided to run up what I think is the basic principal mechanism in Sketchup and then have a crack at making one, during which I will refine some of the dimensions and of course run up tool paths for the parts which can be CNC machined.

So here is a pic of the probe model with some added notes and also the .skp file in case anyone else wants to help me refine the design or use it to make your own or whatever ever you desire to do with it (now if that's not an invitation for a load of double-entendre/innuendo I don't know what is).

As with any of my posts feedback and suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Chris

PS. How do you insert carriage returns into posts on here?

EddyCurrent
19-11-2013, 10:21 PM
There must be something wrong with your search engine then if you can't find any decent diagrams, here's one I found in few seconds Touch Probe (http://www.vinland.com/Touch-Probe.html) and there's plenty more. Having said that congratulations on producing your own incarnation of the device.
With regard to carriage returns you seem to have sorted that out otherwise your lines of text would stretch from one side of the screen to the other.

This is [carriage return]
a [carriage return]
test. [carriage return]

or maybe you mean like this ?

or like this?

10845 10846 10847

Washout
20-11-2013, 12:59 PM
My Google skills must be weak indeed - thanks for those.