PDA

View Full Version : wrench / tool for small M10 x 0.75 locknuts

dsc
10-12-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm using two small locknuts on a miniature ballscrew (R1202) and I cannot seem to find a suitable c-hook wrench or some other tool which would allow to tighten two M10 x 0.75 locknuts to hold the ballscrew end in a bearing.

Has anyone seen anything like this somewhere? or do I need to make my own?

Regards,
dsc.

mekanik
10-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi DSC
can i assume you are looking for a thin (plate) spanner?
If so try a search for Park Tools (cycling gear) thin open ended spanners are required for adjusting the wheel bearings on bikes, can't remember off hand what size mine are but think there 14mm.
Regards
Mike

dsc
11-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi Mike,

I remember seeing a set of those on my dads bike when I was a kid, didn't know what they were back then, but indeed it looks like they might work. I'll try and get a single small one to try it out.

Cheers,
dsc.

m_c
11-12-2013, 06:11 PM
If it is thin spanners, then in the bike trade they're classed as cone spanners.

However, going by the original post, I would of guessed it's a hook spanner you're after?

dsc
11-12-2013, 07:06 PM
This spanner would do as well, there's not much tightening to do, a hook spanner would be better, but due to the way the locknut is recessed in the housing, the ideal thing would be a locknut socket, but those are stupidly expensive.

Regards,
dsc.