PDA

View Full Version : HSM Advisor - High Speed Machining feed & speed calculator

magicniner
19-01-2014, 06:36 PM
I came across reference to a feed & speed calculator for CNC high speed machining, HSM Advisor, on a CNC forum and downloaded the 30 day trial to give it a try.
It allows creation of a machine profile with power and torque settings and even a torque graph to optimise material removal and tool life, it can also collect data from and insert data into text boxes in other software packages making it quick & easy to get it's output into your software.
I have no association with the product other than being a happy customer but though it worth mentioning here as I've not seen reference to it before despite reading through a lot of stuff on CNC forums,

- Nick

m_c
19-01-2014, 07:59 PM
It's the progression of FSWizard. I've got FSWizard installed on my phone, and it saves faffing around with speed charts or calculators when in the workshop.

I've also got HSM installed on my computer, and find it far easier to use than G-Wizard. The spindle power feature is also handy, as it gives you a good idea what will or won't work on your machine.

magicniner
20-01-2014, 12:57 PM
HSM Advisor produced in minutes cutting data almost identical to that which took me over an hour of test cuts to determine, I'm now confident that I have a great source for speeds & feeds that take into account depth & width of cut along with tool material & coating and which will warn me if I'm pushing the tool beyond it's limits.
It's a brilliant app for under £50,

- Nick