PDA

View Full Version : R16-16A2-FSED Solidworks Model?

D-man
22-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Can someone help me here please?

Im on Garys site and these are the nuts i have for my machine 2020-FSED (http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/en/fsed-high-lead-ballnut/88-r16-16a2-fsed.html)

Im trying to find the right solidworks model from the files provided, am i missing something here as the pdf seems very confusing or does anyone have the assem for this nut?

Sorry guys im new to the solidworks game, im normally a "build it and see if it fits" kind of guy so prep'ing for a machine is not my strong point haha

EddyCurrent
22-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Not sure exactly what you mean but the solidworks model is at the bottom of his page under the DOWNLOAD tab.
It's a .rar file so you'll need unrar.exe or winzip or an unzip tool might be already built into your operating system.

Edit. I did not unzip the file myself to see what's in there.

Lee Roberts
22-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Hi D-Man,

Attached to this post is the Gten Ballnut Models/files for all of the nuts, you should be able to open each of the .prt files in Solidworks.

I cant see any assembly files either, though you would probably want to inport a part file into your current assembly?

.Me

D-man
24-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Cheers guys, I tried the parts but when I open them they come out at 32mm I'm looking for 20mm. is there a way to change it, sorry new to this solidworks

D-man
24-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Ah Ha! i opened the PRT file rather than the assembly, however, i cant do anything else with that part, cant edit, or materialise it am i missing something?