PDA

View Full Version : Font cutting

petesos
16-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Hi All
I need a little help Guys please
I am now 56 years old and had a hard life the reason I say this is I am not sure if its my head or brain thats letting me down or my softwear :suspicion:
In Vcarve pro when I do a sign and in single line font , when I ask lord vcarve pro to generate the Gcode it comes up say ,,,20 vectors open 2 closed and he refuses to write the g code for me , can anyone tell me where I am going wrong or not doing or what i should be doing .
The painfull thing about this whole issue is I use to do this easy but now i cant think/ remember what i need to do.
I have now fixed some string to my gloves and put through my jumper sleeves and put a large L and R on my slippers and writing things down.:hopelessness::hopelessness::hopelessness::ho pelessness::hopelessness::hopelessness::hopelessne ss::hopelessness::hopelessness:
Please Help
Pete

Clive S
16-02-2014, 10:03 AM
In Vcarve pro when I do a sign and in single line font , when I ask lord vcarve pro to generate the Gcode it comes up say ,,,20 vectors open 2 closed and he refuses to write the g code for me , can anyone tell me where I am going wrong or not doing or what i should be doing . Have you tried going to the Drawing Tab and then to Edit there is an Object that looks like a necklace (if you hover over it, it says join open vectors) First you have to select all your vectors from the drawing. ..Clive O.A.P

petesos
16-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Hi Clive O.A.P
Thanks for that
I will try that bud
Now where did i put my glasses:nevreness:
Pete

Bazzer
16-02-2014, 11:49 AM
I think you have to select text, then right click and select "convert to curves", then as Pete says close vectors.
I have used the "fluting" tool path when being lazy, no need to close all vectors:cheerful::cheerful:
If you can get away with a true type font, you can just use the engrave tool path button. No messing :eagerness:

Of course it's early in the morning, so all above could be tosh !!!!!!!

Ger21
16-02-2014, 03:27 PM
You can't V Carve single line fonts. You either need to use an engraving toolpath as mentioned, or a profile toolpath ON the lines.

petesos
16-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Thanks All
Got it.......old age is a bugger:adoration::adoration::adoration:
Pete

gorbo
17-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks All
Pete

Tell me about it :ambivalence::ambivalence:

EddyCurrent
17-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Thanks All
Pete

It's a bigger one that 56 is deemed 'old'

gorbo
17-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Only by physical age mentally we are all 16

petesos
17-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Only by physical age mentally we are all 16

Is that my wife replying as she tells me them exact words:suspicion: but she uses a few harsh ones that a woman shouldn't use
Pete